DHL Express Global Mail’s integration with Starshipit allows you to use Starshipit's features including generation of packing slips and shipping labels, auto-correction of addresses, branded tracking and notifications and many more. The DHL Express Global Mail integration can be used when you are wanting DHL Express to invoice you for your Deutsche Post shipments.
Before you begin
You need your:
- DHL Express Account Number
Deutsche Post needs to provide additional permissions for your account to be able to be used on Starshipit, so please ask us to contact them about this, passing us your account number.
Otherwise, you can contact Deutsche Post yourself, quoting your account number and asking them to add the permissions for Starshipit use with it.
Global Mail Process
1. Generate Deutsche Post labels for each individual shipment
2. Before you manifest your shipments at the end of the day go to Settings > Couriers > DHL Express Global Mail > Advanced and set the number of AWB labels you need (this relates to the number of sacks you are sending).
3. Manifesting will generate the master DHL GMB Airwaybill/s
4. Pack all of the parcels into a sack and attach the GMB Airwaybill/s
Setting up DHL Express Global Mail in Starshipit
1. Enter your account details in Starshipit
2. Set your default export type
3. Set up your product codes
Add your product codes to complete the integration. The selected option determines both the product code and service level that you require. The available product codes are:
- GMR - Plus (documents)
- GPP - Plus (goods)
- GMM - Priority (documents)
- GMP - Priority (goods)
- GPT - Tracked
Go to Settings, then select Couriers.
- Open your DHL Express Global Mail Settings.
- Click on Add New Product Code.
- Enter the code and name.
- Click Add.
- Repeat steps 4-5 for each product code.
Once you have added products, you can set which product is to be used as the default for this carrier.
Note: DHL Express Global Mail doesn't pass rates into Starshipit, so they are not displayed in the New Order page. You can set up table rates for DHL Express Global Mail, where you record the rates that the courier charges you, and these are then available via the Starshipit API.
3. Adjust your Air Waybill settings
DHL Express Global Mail operates by having individually labelled parcels grouped together into a bulk shipment sent from the originating (sender) EU country to Germany (or possibly Austria). This bulk shipment has an Air Waybill (AWB) attached. Once the bulk shipment has reached there, it is broken up into shipments to the final destinations.
Depending upon how DHL Express Global Mail are handling your shipments, you can receive different types of AWB - these are output at manifesting time.
In the Advanced tab of the DHL Express Global Mail settings, adjust your AWB cropping option, as appropriate.
Initially, it's best to leave the cropping option as None, and then when you've seen the type of AWBs produced, just change the setting to crop the AWB, or if you are happy with the AWB coming out as A4, you can just leave it with the cropping set to None.