NZ Post offers a range of services across New Zealand including NZ Post (International), CourierPost (domestic) and Pace (same-day domestic delivery service)
In order to integrate your NZ Post / CourierPost account with StarShipIT, we will need to generate an Client ID (API key) and Client Secret (API secret) with NZ Post on your behalf.
This process includes 3 steps, in the first step, you will register for commercial access and in the second step we will request your API credentials with NZ Post. Lastly, once NZ Post has approved our application for API access we will setup your NZ Post on your StarShipIT account.
N.B You can use your existing CourierPost API credentials for NZ Post, you generally do not need to generate new ones.
N.B An account number starting with a 9 can be used for Domestic and International. An account number starting with a 5 can only be used for International.
If you have both, check with NZ Post if one of the account numbers has discounted pricing setup on it as this one should be used with StarShipIT
1. Request Commercial Access
- Go to https://www.nzpost.co.nz/user/register?destination=user
- Create an account if you haven't already
- Login to your freshly created account
- Go here and Fill in the form to register for API commercial access
- Add "StarShipIT Support" and "email@example.com" as your developer contact
- Designate "Domestic" and "International" services as the sevices you want.
- Click Submit
After you apply for the above, you will get an email from NZ Post API team within 2-3 business days. It will include the steps for requesting your Client ID and Client secret, however you should not follow these steps and instead proceed with the next steps below.
2. Send account information to StarShipIT
Once your application for commercial access has been processed send the following information to StarShipIT:
- Account Number(s)
- Site ID (CourierPost)
- Permit Post Number (NZ Post, optional)
We will process an application to get your Client ID and Client secret from NZ Post on your behalf, and let you know once we hear back from NZ Post.
3. Add new Product codes
Once StarShipIT has confirmed NZ Post is available on your account you should check that your preferred services are available in the courier settings.
- Go to Settings > Couriers > NZ Post > Settings
- Select your new Product Code in the Drop-down menu
- Click Add
- The new product code is now added
If the test returns invalid accounts:
- Double check the credentials and check for incorrect spaces
- Contact firstname.lastname@example.org
If rates are incorrect or are not showing:
- Rates are not support by NZ Post for international orders, they are yet to be added to the NZ Post API and hence StarShipIT does not support it.