- Integrate your Starshipit account with NZ Post (international), CourierPost (domestic) and Pace (same-day domestic).
- In order to integrate your NZ Post/CourierPost account with Starshipit, we will need to generate a Client ID (API key) and Client Secret (API secret) with NZ Post on your behalf.
- NB: You can use your existing CourierPost API credentials for NZ Post; you generally do not need to generate new ones.
- NB: An account number starting with a 9 can be used for Domestic and International. An account number starting with a 5 can only be used for International.
- If you have two account numbers, check with NZ Post if one of the account numbers has discounted pricing setup on it as this one should be used with Starshipit.
1. Request commercial access
- Go here and create an account if you haven't already.
- Log into your freshly created account
- Go here and fill in the form to register for API commercial access.
- Add "Starshipit Support" and "firstname.lastname@example.org" as your developer contact.
- Designate Domestic and International services as the services you want.
- Click Submit.
After you apply for the above, you will get an email from the NZ Post API team within 2-3 business days. It will include the steps for requesting your Client ID and Client secret, however you should not follow these steps and instead proceed with the next steps below.
2. Send account information to Starshipit
Once your application for commercial access has been processed, send the following information to Starshipit:
- Account Number(s)
- Site ID (CourierPost)
- Permit Post Number (NZ Post, optional)
We will process an application to get your Client ID and Client secret from NZ Post on your behalf, and let you know once we hear back from NZ Post.
3. Add new product codes
Once Starshipit has confirmed NZ Post is available on your account, you should check that your preferred services are available in the courier settings.
- Go to Settings > Couriers > NZ Post > Settings
- Select your new Product Code in the Drop-down menu.
- Click Add.
- The new product code is now added.
Error: The test returns invalid accounts
Double check the credentials and check for incorrect spaces, and email email@example.com.
Error: Rates are incorrect or are not showing
Rates are not supported by NZ Post for international orders because they are yet to be added to the NZ Post API.