Starshipit's integration with NZ Post allows you to use all of Starshipit's features including generation of packing slips and shipping labels, auto-correction of addresses, branded tracking and notifications and many more.
Starshipit is fully integrated with NZ Post services including their domestic, international and express offerings. These three services are represented as three different couriers in Starshipit:
- NZ Post Domestic
- NZ Post International
- NZ Post Express
In order to use any of these couriers on Starshipit you will need to request commercial access to the NZ Post API.
This article is for setting up NZ Post Domestic.
1. Request commercial access to use NZ Post with Starshipit
Follow the steps in the below guide to request commercial access to use NZ Post with Starshipit.
NOTE: The process to request commercial acess only needs to be completed once if you are setting up all three couriers in Starshipit and using the same account number for all three.
2. Enter your API details in Starshipit
Typically this setup step will be completed by the Starshipit team on your behalf however if you wish to complete the setup yourself follow the below steps:
- Go to Settings > Couriers > Add New Courier > NZ Post Domestic.
- Tick Enable NZ Post International.
- Enter your Account Number, Client ID (API Key), and Client Secret (API Secret).
- Under the Location dropdown select your location.
- Click Save.
- Under the Advanced tab select Print domestic Labels using API.
- Click Save.
3. Set your default products
Once Starshipit has confirmed NZ Post Domestic is available on your account, you should check that your preferred services are configured.
- Go to Settings > Couriers > NZ Post Domestic > Settings
- Click the Advanced tab.
- Under the Default North Island Product and Default South Island Product select your preferred default products.
If you wish to use different products with each order you can choose in each order what product to use, or you can configure rules to automatically assign products.
For more information on configuring rules see the below guide:
4. Returns with NZ Post Domestic
If you are wanting to use NZ Post Domestic for returns, you will need to get this enabled on the NZ Post side.
The easiest way to have this enabled is to contact your account manager at NZ Post. Alternatively, reach out to email@example.com who can assist in getting this process underway.
NZPost returns use the same product codes as their outbound orders.
To set the return code you would like used:
- Go to Settings > Couriers > NZ Post Domestic > Advanced
- Enter the code in the field Return Label Code.
- Click Save.
Q. When I click test I get: Could not authenticate.
A. Most likely your account has not been setup yet.
Error message is: Error in getting access token:
The remote server returned an error: (401) Unauthorized.
Double check your credentials, checking for incorrect spacing, if it's still happening contact support on firstname.lastname@example.org
Other relevant information for you
To know more about NZ Post's eShip services, click here
For for more information on NZ Post eShip and Starshipit, click here