- Generate your Australia Post or StarTrack API key and API secret from within the Australia Post Developers Center and use it to integrate into Starshipit for checkout options and label generation.
What you need to get started
To integrate your Australia Post account with Starshipit, you'll need to generate an API key and secret in the Australia Post Developer Centre.
Before you begin, you'll need the following:
- Your Australia Post account number (eParcel) or StarTrack account number.
- An Australia Post Business Credit Account and an eParcel Contract. If you don't have an account, please visit this page to indicate your interest and mention that you're using Starshipit.
- Alternatively, if you don't have one of these accounts, sign up with MyPost Business
How to apply
1. Register for an API key
Create an account in the Australia Post Centre and register for an API key.
- Go to https://developers.auspost.com.au/register
- Complete the information, and then click Create an account.
- You should get a verification email. Click this to verify your account.
- Once done, log in to your new account and go to https://developers.auspost.com.au/apis.
- Click Register for a key.
- Click Complete registration on the Register for a Shipping & Tracking API key page.
- Complete the registration form using your Australia Post, StarTrack, or Same Day/On Demand account details.
- Select that you're accessing the API via a Platform Partner.
- Set Starshipit as your platform partner.
- Click Next and proceed through the rest of the form.
Once you've completed the form and application has been approved, Australia Post will email you a PDF with your API credentials (usually within 24 hours). Follow the steps in the email/on the PDF to generate your API key. If you haven't received the email within 24 hours, please check your Junk/Spam folder or contact email@example.com your eParcel Account Manager.
2. Add eParcel to your account
- You can do this yourself by following our guide Australia Post eParcel
- Or, if you get stuck, contact our friendly support team with your Account Number and API key + Secret at firstname.lastname@example.org and they can help you get shipping.
If you're having issues, contact the Australia Post Service Desk at email@example.com or call 03 91067232 / 02 8755 9417.