- Generate your Australia Post or StarTrack account number, API key and API secret.
How it works
To integrate your Australia Post account with Starshipit, you'll need to generate an API key and secret in the Australia Post Developer Centre.
Before you begin, you'll need the following:
- Your Australia Post account number (eParcel) or StarTrack account number.
- An Australia Post Business Credit Account and an eParcel Contract. If you don't have an account, please visit this page to indicate your interest and mention that you're using Starshipit.
1. Register for an API key
Create an account in the Australia Post Centre and register for an API key.
- Go to https://developers.auspost.com.au/register.
- Complete the information, then click Create an account.
- Log in to your new account and go to https://developers.auspost.com.au/apis.
- Click Register for a key.
- Click Complete registration on the Register for a Shipping & Tracking API key page.
- Complete the registration form using your Australia Post, StarTrack, or Same Day/On Demand account details.
- Select that you're accessing the API via a Platform Partner.
- Set Starshipit as your platform partner.
- Click Next and proceed through the rest of the form.
Once you've completed the form and application has been approved, Australia Post will email you a PDF with your API credentials (usually within 24 hours). Follow the steps in the email/on the PDF to generate your API key. If you haven't received the email within 24 hours, please check your Junk/Spam folder or contact email@example.com.
2. Send the information to Starshipit
Send the following information to Starshipit at firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Account number
- API Key
- API Secret
If you're having issues, contact the Australia Post Service Desk at email@example.com or call 03 91067232 / 02 8755 9417.