- Starshipit can apply business rules when you import your orders. A rule can include multi-conditions and one action, and an infinite number of rules can be created.
- Important notes: Two rules can share the same conditions (e.g. if the destination country is Australia, select Auspost and if the destination country is Australia, signature required = true) however if you have two rule that share the same action, the rule that was created first will be applied first.
- All Orders
- Destination Country Name
- Destination Country Code
- Destination Post Code - AU
- Destination Post Code - NZ
- Destination State
- Destination Street
- Item SKU
- Order Value
- Order Weight
- Shipping Method
- Shipping Description
- Store Identifier (Magento)
- Assign To Another Account
- Import Order
- Do not Ship
- Send Notification
- Disable Notification
- Set Authority To Leave
- Set Carrier & Service Code
- Set Carrier When No Fastway Services
- Set Order Value
- Set Signature Required
- Split Packages By Order Item Quantity
- Split Packages By Order Weight
To set up multi-condition rules, please refer to this article.
How to test rules
After setting up your business rules, click Run Rules Now.
The new rule will be applied to all your Unshipped orders. From here, you can check if the rules had the expected effect on your Unshipped orders.
- Split packages by order weight
- Split packages by item quantities
- Rules based on order value
- Rules based on Postcode
- Rules based on destination country
- Rules based on shipping method
- Rules based on weight
- How do I allocate an order to a child account?
- I only want to use Starshipit for international orders