- You have the option to send SMS at five stages of the delivery process.
- Use the SMS editor to create SMS' in-line with your brand and voice.
- The maximum character limit for SMS notifications is 160. If you exceed this limit, the notification will be treated as two or more text messages.
Choose when to send delivery updates
Starshipit can manage an SMS template for each different delivery status and will trigger an SMS only for the checked status. For example, you can choose to send an email or SMS when a return is received by your warehouse
- Go to Settings > Returns > Notifications
- Enable the checkbox for the stages of delivery you want to notify a customer.
Edit the SMS template
- Go to Settings, then select Customer Notifications.
- Select an SMS Template
- From the editor, you can modify the SMS template as required.
Use the Starshipit variable
Use Starshipit variables to personalise your email and include information about the order.
- Sender Name: Name of your customer returning the package
- RMA or Return Reference: Sender's reference (e.g. return order number)
- Original Their Ref: Receiver's reference (e.g. purchase order number)
- Courier Name: The courier used to ship the parcel.
- Tracking Number: Tracking number associated with the parcel
- Tracking URL: Tracking URL associated with the parcel
- Company Name: Your company name
- Telephone: Your contact number
- Return Link: Link to your returns portal
Activate your SMS account
- Go to Settings > My Account > SMS
- Enter your credit card details and Save.
- Enter a credit amount and click Add Credit.
SMS' will be sent until the credit balance reaches zero. You will receive a notification at the top of Starshipit before/when this happens.
The maximum character limit for SMS notifications is 160. If you exceed this limit, the notification will be treated as two or more text messages.