- Set up Starshipit to use different tax numbers when shipping to international destinations using DHL Express.
How it works
Some countries require a tax number to be supplied so taxes are correctly charged to your business. Starshipit supports specifying different tax numbers for each country. For example you could setup the following:
- When sending to Australia use your ABN.
- When sending to New Zealand use your GST number.
- When sending to UK use your VAT number.
In some cases it may also be necessary to configure a Sold To (Billing) address with its own tax numbers. For this type of setup please refer to our aticle on setting up Sold To (Billing) addresses for DHL Express.
1. Set up your shipper tax numbers
- In your Starshipit account, go to Settings, then select Options.
- Scroll down to the Shipper Tax Settings section.
- Click Add New.
- Enter a tax type, tax number, and select an applicable destination.
- Click Add.
- Repeat steps 3-5 for as many tax numbers as are required.