In Starshipit you can set up Shipper Tax Numbers when shipping to international destinations. This includes IOSS numbers, EORI numbers and VAT/GST numbers.
IOSS is currently supported in Starshipit for the following couriers:
- Australia Post eParcel
- Australia Post MyPost Business
- DHL Express
- DHL eCommerce Asia Pacific
- Deutsche Post
- DPD UK
- DPD Local UK
- NZ Post International
- Royal Mail
How it works
Some countries require a tax number to be supplied so taxes are correctly charged to your business. Starshipit supports specifying different tax numbers for each country.
For example you could setup the following:
- When sending to Australia use your ABN.
- When sending to New Zealand use your GST number.
- When sending to the UK use your VAT number.
- When sending to the EU use your IOSS number.
In some cases it may also be necessary to configure a Sold To (Billing) address with its own tax numbers.
For this type of setup please refer to our article on setting up Sold To (Billing) addresses for DHL Express.
Set up your shipper tax numbers
- In your Starshipit account, go to Settings > Options
- Scroll down to the Shipper Tax Settings section
- Click Add New > select the Tax Type, enter your Tax Number, select an Applicable Destination > click Add.
Repeat step 3 for each tax number that is required.
Using multiple IOSS numbers in Starshipit
Starshipit supports using multiple IOSS numbers if you receive orders from more than one marketplace.
You can do this by using the Starshipit's Rules to assign each of your IOSS numbers to their respective orders.
To set up a rule which assigns an IOSS to an order, go to:
- Settings > Rules > click Add a new rule
- Select the required Condition(s)
- Set the Action to Set Shipper Tax Number
- Set the Value to IOSS - Import One-Stop-Shop
- Enter the IOSS number you would like applied to the order > click Save.
This rule will be run automatically when each order is imported.
To apply this rule to orders which are already in your account go to Settings > Rules > in the Apply rules to new/unshipped orders section click Run rules now.