Validating shipping addresses
- Starshipit lets retailers automatically correct invalid addresses, so even if a customer has input the wrong details, the order can be delivered to the right place.
- Invalid addresses are highlighted in the new orders screen by a red cross. There are several ways to correct invalid addresses; see how in the following tutorial.
- Select the Invalid only switch on the top left of the Starshipit app, then click the auto correct button in the top right.
- Each address that has an issue will be automatically checked, and if a solution is found it will be displayed with the modified address highlighted in red.
- Ensure you check each change before saving the changes, using the Save button at the top of the app.
2. Screen inline editing troubleshooting
- For any addresses that cannot be auto-corrected, edit the address directly from the invalid only screen (note: inline address editing will not work in the new orders screen).
- Click on the field that you wish to edit, then edit. Once complete, save your changes using the Save button at the top.
- Note: To inadvertently change state or suburb, it is important that you check the suggested corrections and don't just automatically select them.
3. Edit address in the shipping dialog
- The shipping dialog can be displayed at any time by clicking the order number or the name. In the shipping dialog there are several tools to fix any remaining issues:
- The address auto-complete lookup
- Suburb lookup
- Link to Google Maps