- You can add product dimensions to Magento2, which Starshipit then reads on import and uses for rates at checkout.
- Magento2 uses an attribute system to manage the information associated with products (like size, colour and more).
- To use dimensions in Starshipit you’ll need to create custom attributes in your Magento2 settings.
How it works
To start, you will need to create the following custom attributes in Magento2:
Note: Ensure you follow the exact spelling. Capitalisation (Length vs length) doesn’t matter.
- Add a custom attribute in Magento2
- Go to the Admin Panel
- Click Stores
- Click Attributes
- Click Product
- Click Add Attribute
- Click Create New Attribute
- Set the name of the attribute in the field Attribute Labelas Length.
- Leave the Catalog input Type as "Text Field".
- You don't need to change the Required toggle.
- Click Save Attribute
Repeat the above steps to create attributes for Height and Width.
- All custom attributes created for one product will be created for all products as empty fields. If the fields are empty or if you set a non-numeric character in the dimension, then it will assume zero when getting rates.
- Once the attributes are created, it will start working next time a customer adds this product to their shopping cart.
- If your dimensions aren’t pulling through, change the attribute code to all lower case.
- When importing orders from Magento2, the dimensions come through to Starshipit in meters (m).
- When you open an order, you’ll see the imported dimension converted according to the Display Sizes Unit you’ve set in Settings > Options.