- Shopify Enhanced is Starshipit's improved Shopify Integration which supports improved use of fulfillment locations and Shopify tags (coming soon)
- You can integrate as many Shopify stores into your Starshipit account as you like.
What you need to get started:
Before getting started with Shopify you will need a few things.
- Your Shopify store name. If you are not sure what this is, you can find it by logging in to Shopify > Settings menu > General tab > Your store name
- Your Shopify username
- Your Shopify password
- You will need to complete the set up process through app.starshipit.com rather than the Shopify app or the Print Application.
How to set up Shopify Enhanced:
To enable Shopify on your account:
- In your Starshipit account, go to Settings > Integrations.
- Click Add a new integration, then select Shopify from the list.
- Select Enhanced from the Integration Version toggle
- Enter your shop name
- Click Authorise. This will redirect you to Shopify to log in and provide Starshipit access to your website.
- Test the connection, you're good to go!
Migrating from Shopify Legacy?
We've added some major features to streamline your shipping process when using Shopify with Starshipit.
- Import your Shopify Tags and have them display in Starshipit's UI 2.0 allowing consistency for your orders across your eCommerce stack.
- If you are using Shopify Markets then the incoterm that is selected in Shopify (either duties paid or unpaid) will be automatically set on the order when it is imported into Starshipit making charges duties on checkout a breeze. (See Duties and import taxes)
- Have multiple different locations in Shopify? Shopify enhanced will allow you to chose what fulfillment locations you would like to import into your account and ensure the fulfillment will deduct stock from the fulfillment location you've allocated the order to.
- Using Shopify's multi origin shipping to allow an order to be split between multiple locations? Each fulfilment will be imported as it's own order so you can send them to different Starshipit accounts to ensure they are shipped from the correct location.
- We now import your local pickup orders so that you can pack them much like your orders to be shipped. We will update Shopify when the order has been dispatched.
Shopify Enhanced offers more customization over how and when you import your orders. To configure them please see below:
- Order Status
- Use this option to select what status orders should be in to import into Starshipit
- Select which fulfillment locations in Shopify you would like to import into this account
Quick Tip: if you are fulfilling out of multi-locations, combine the above option with Starshipit Multi Location Child Accounts
- Delivery Methods
- Specify which delivery methods you would like to come through to Starshipit. The options are:
- Shipping: These are orders in which a customer has selected for the order to be shipped to them
- Local Pickup: These are orders that are nominated as pick up in store.
Local pickup orders from Shopify will import with the delivery address set as your pickup address in Settings > Pickup Address. We recommend you take advantage of our pickup carrier and rules to automatically assign these orders to be pickup in store. For more information on this see our guide: How to set up pick up in-store
- Local Delivery: These are orders where the customer is located close to you and has opted for a local delivery
- Delivery Options
- See our guide on calculated shipping rates with Shopify
- Advanced Tab
- The advanced tab allows you to further customise your integration to meet your exact requirements. Options include:
- Blocking orders with certain tags from importing
- Configuring how different fields are mapped to the order you see in Starshipit
- Disabling writeback
- You can now import Shopify order tags with your orders. These will only be visible in UI 2.0. To enable these:
- Go to Settings > Integrations > Shopify Settings > Advanced > Enable Import Tags from Shopify
- Tags will now appear in the orders grid. For more information on tags, see here: Tags
Actions within Shopify