Learn how to use Zapier to connect different apps and platforms to Starshipit.
What you need to know
Zapier is a workflow automation tool which allows you to connect different apps, platforms and services together (4,000+ are supported).
By connecting Zapier and Starshipit, you can create workflows that trigger based on different events. You can create these workflows without needing to enter a line of code and automate common day-to-day tasks.
There are three important Zapier terms to understand:
- Zap: Automated workflows which connect your apps and services together. Zaps are made up of a trigger and then one or more actions. When you turn your Zap on, it will run the action steps when the trigger occurs.
- Trigger: An event that starts a Zap. Once you’ve created a Zap, Zapier monitors for these triggers. Let’s say you want to set up a Zap to send Shopify orders to Starshipit once they’ve been paid. In this case, the trigger is the Shopify order being paid.
- Action: An event that’s performed when the trigger occurs Using the Shopify example, the action is the paid Shopify order being automatically sent to Starshipit.
You can learn more about how Zapier works with the Zapier quick-start guide. Or, read our blog on using Zapier with Starshipit.
What you need to get started
You’ll need a Starshipit account and a Zapier account to use them together.
Set up Zapier and Starshipit
- Log in to your Zapier account.
- Navigate to My Apps from the side menu bar.
- Click on Connect a new account and search for Starshipit.
- Enter your Starshipit API key to connect your account to Zapier. You can find your Starshipit API key in the Starshipit app under Starshipit > Settings > API.
- Once you've connected Starship with Zapier, you can create your first automation. Use a pre-made Zap or create your own with the Zap Editor. Creating a Zap requires no knowledge of coding and you'll be guided step-by-step through the setup.
Need some inspiration? See everything that's possible with Starshipit and Zapier.
Use case: Set up label and packing slip printing
You can use Zapier to set up a trigger and action in Starshipit so that as soon as an order is created in your eCommerce platform, a label gets printed. You’ll find a step-by-step guide in our Changelog.
Use case: Customise how you push new paid Shopify orders to Starshipit
Starshipit already imports orders from Shopify automatically, but with Zapier you can customise how the order is pulled through. For example, you may have specific field mapping requirements, or might want to add your own dimensions.
Use case: Create an order in Starshipit when a new row is added to your spreadsheet
If you’re using a spreadsheet to manage new orders, automate the job of adding orders to Starshipit by using this Zapier workflow.
If you’d like some help setting up Zapier and Starshipit, or you’d like to discuss a workflow idea, reach out to our friendly support team.