The steps below will guide you through integrating your Magento 2 platform to Starshipit. Once completed, your orders will be imported into Starshipit and the tracking information will be written back when you print a label.
There are two ways to connect your Magento2 store with Starshipit. Token based authentication is recommended especially if you are using two-factor authentication on your store.
- Magento 2.4: Two-factor authentication is enabled by default on Magento2. This means you will need to use token authentication to connect with Starshipit.
- Magento 2.4.4 users will need to enable token access in the Admin by setting the Stores > Configuration > Services > OAuth > Consumer Settings > Allow OAuth Access Tokens to be used as standalone Bearer tokens option to Yes.
What you need to get started:
Before getting started with Magento 2 you will need a few things.
If using Token Authentication (recommended): An access token
- If using User Authentication: A user set up
If you do not have the above fields, follow the below steps:
Token Authentication (Recommended): Create an access token
- Log into your Magento2 admin page.
- At the very bottom left of the sidebar click System > Extensions > Integrations.
- Click Add New Integration.
- Enter Starshipit in the Name field.
- Enter your admin password in the Your Password field. Leave all other fields blank.
- Click the API tab.
- Under the Resource Access dropdown select All.
- Click Save in the top right of the screen.
- You will then be taken back to the Integrations page.
- Click Allow.
- A dialog will appear with a Consumer Key, Consumer Secret, Access Token, and Access Token Secret.
- Only the Access Token is required. Copy your Access Token and click Done.
User Authentication (skip if Token authentication has been completed): Create a role and user
Note: Skip this section if you have completed the steps above for Token Authentication
Create a new role
- Go to your Magento Admin Dashboard and select System.
- Under Permissions, select User Roles.
- Click Add New Role.
- In Role Name, enter Integration, then select the Role Resources tab.
- From the Resource Access dropdown, select All.
- Click Save Role.
Assign your new role to a user
- From the Dashboard panel, select System.
- Under Permissions, select All Users.
- From the Users page, click Add New User.
- Enter the required user information. We recommend you note your username and password for later use.
- Select the User Role tab, then select the Integration role you previously created.
- Click Save User.
How to set up Magento 2:
To enable Magento 2 on your account:
- Go to Starshipit > Settings > Integrations > Add a new integration > Magento 2
- Click the Enable Magento2 checkbox.
- Select your Authentication Method (Token or authentication)
- Enter the URL of your site, e.g. https://www.myShop.com
- Enter your Access Token or Username and Password.
- Select your import status.
- Click Save
Status to import
- Use this option to specify what status orders should be in to import into Starshipit. You can specify multiple by separating each status with a semi colon.
Give your customers the option to choose between Signature on Delivery and Authority to Leave during the checkout process. To set this up, create the following custom fields:
delivery_comment (String max 100) for the delivery instruction
authority_to_leave: values can be 0, 1, true, false, yes or no
signature_required: values can be 0, 1, true, false, yes or no
NOTE: To add the file to /rest/V1/orders/ you need to add them to the order search Criteria API.
- Import Bundles
- By default Starshipit does not import Magento bundles. If you would like to enable this feature tick Import bundled items. This feature will allow writeback for orders which have bundle items in them.
Limitations: The bundle items will not display in the UI. They are only visible on the Customised packing slip.