Using a barcode scanner to select packages for your orders is faster and more accurate than manually selecting them. You can simply scan a barcode for each package on your order, and the correct package will be updated automatically.
- Set up your packages in Starshipit if you haven't already done so, and create a barcode sheet with a barcode for each package.
- You need a barcode scanner and a barcode sheet for all your packages. Starshipit supports many types of scanners, but we recommend using something similar to the LS2208 General Purpose Barcode Scanner.
- Prepare your barcodes using the format: pkg_PackageName (where PackageName is the case-sensitive name you have assigned to each package in Starshipit). Any barcode that supports alphanumeric values will be valid.
- If you want to be able to print orders via a barcode scan, create an act_print barcode.
- If you need help generating your barcodes, contact Starshipit's support team at email@example.com.
- This workflow is only supported on UI 2.0.
How it works
This feature provides an additional input box in the bottom left of the order details page. To use it, follow these steps:
- Navigate to the Workflows page in Starshipit.
- Select Scan to open, Search for an order or Validate Packaging.
- From the Workflow options, tick “Scan to Select Packaging.”
- Scan the order number to open the order.
- Scan the barcode of the package you would like to enter.
- (Optional) Scan the “act_print” barcode to print the order label.
- The order is printed, and you are redirected to Workflows to process your next order.
We recommend combining this feature with the Scan to open or Packing validation workflows for maximum efficiency. To learn more about these workflows: