- Learn how to see how much it would cost to ship an order before you print a shipping label.
- There are several ways to view order quotes, which we'll cover in this guide.
- Note that you can use rules to determine which carrier products are assigned to which orders. Learn more in our guide.
How it works
Directly from the orders grid:
- From the Starshipit dashboard, ensure you have the Carrier & Product column enabled. Click the column selection cog in the top right of the orders grid if you don't see this column.
- You should now see the carrier product – as well as its quoted price – under the Carrier & Product column, for each order in the orders grid.
- To edit the carrier and product selection, click the edit icon next to the price. This will bring up the Edit carrier and product screen, which lets you make changes.
From the individual orders screen:
- From the Starshipit dashboard, click into an order.
- Scroll down to the Carrier section.
- In this section, you'll see a list of your integrated carriers, the available products and their rates.
- Change the selected carrier product by selecting another one and clicking on it.
From outside of Starshipit:
If you're integrating Starshipit with an external invoicing system, you may need to retrieve shipping quotes outside the Starshipit interface. To do this, you can utilize the Starshipit API by following these steps:
Use the Delivery Services API endpoint to submit the details of the order for which you need a shipping quote.
In the request body, make sure to set include_pricing to true. This will ensure that the response includes the pricing information for the order.
Review the returned prices to determine and select the most suitable courier option for your needs based on cost, delivery times, or any other criteria important to your business.
For additional information and specific API endpoints, please consult the Starshipit API documentation.