- The Iconic marketplace is an Australian-based online retail platform. Learn more in our blog.
- You can use Starshipit to fulfil orders placed on The Iconic, via your eCommerce platform or inventory management system.
- Depending on which platform you use, you may need to use a third-party connector to link your platform with The Iconic.
How The Iconic works with Starshipit (Order process overview)
- Customer places an order on The Iconic.
- The order is automatically sent to your eCommerce platform or inventory management system (For example, Shopify, Cin7 etc). Some platforms will automatically import your orders from The Iconic. Others may require a third party-party connector (See below for more information).
- Starshipit automatically imports the order from this platform and:
- Assigns a courier (based on rules you set).
- Sends out tracking notifications to customers.
- Starshipit writes back tracking information and order updates to your platform.
- Your eCommerce platform or inventory management system will write back order updates to The Iconic, using the third-party connector if required.
How to get started
Step 1: Integrate The Iconic with your eCommerce platform or inventory management system
The first step is to integrate The Iconic with your platform of choice.
How you set up The Iconic depends on which platform you use. We have outlined the instructions for some common platforms below.
Using The Iconic with Cin7 Omni
If you’re using Cin7 Omni, you can simply install The Iconic Marketplace app directly from the Cin7 Marketplaces tab in Cin7.
Here are the step-by-step instructions from Cin 7’s website:
Using The Iconic with other platforms (Shopify, BigCommerce, WooCommerce, Magento)
If you’re using another platform, like Shopify or BigCommerce, for example, you’ll need to use a third-party connector to link with The Iconic. Thankfully, there are a few great options that are easy to set up.
In most cases, these connectors match the products in your platform and The Iconic Marketplace. Orders from The Iconic are passed to your platform for processing. Once fulfilled, the connectors send the status back to your marketplace.
We have linked some of the most popular connectors below, along with integration guides on how to get set up (where available):
- IDA Connect
- Channel engine
- Intelligent Reach
Step 2: Manage orders from The Iconic in Starshipit
Once you’ve set up your eCommerce platform or inventory management system, Starshipit will automatically import orders from The Iconic as they’re imported into your eCommerce platform or inventory management system.
At this point, you can manage these orders in the same way as you’d manage any other orders. You can:
- Assign carriers: Whether manually or based on shipping automation rules you setup, assign orders from The Iconic to your carriers.
- Create and send out delivery updates: Customise and send out branded tracking notifications (linked to branded tracking pages) to keep your customers informed about the status of their orders from The Iconic.
Starshipit then writes back order updates and other relevant information to your eCommerce platform or inventory management system.