- Declare package weights accurately and automatically with Starshipit's USB scales integration.
- The USB Scales integration is currently only supported on Windows with Starshipit's UI 2.0.
- You need to have installed the Starshipit Desktop App.
This will need to have 'Devices' on the top right-hand side. If you don't see 'Devices' you are using an outdated version of the application and we recommend reinstalling the application.
- Supported Scales are the Dymo M10, Dymo M25 and Dymo S50.
- If you are using a different USB scale, please send us message at email@example.com.
- The scales integration only supports kilograms. If your scales are configured in any other unit, the weights will be converted to kilograms and will be pasted into Starshipit in the kilogram unit.
How it works
- If you haven't already, ensure you have set up your scales on your computer.
- Open the Starshipit Desktop App
- In the top left tool bar select Devices
- Tick Enable Scale
- Select which scale you're using and click Save.
You'll see the status of the scale in the bottom-left:
- Connected: You're good to go!
- Disconnected: Check you've set up your scales correctly per the manufacturer's guide.
Our recommended approach is to combine this workflow with a scanner and use Quick Print, however this functionality will work in any workflow:
- Open the order.
- If the scale is correctly configured and says Connected, you will see an option in the bottom left to Get Weight.
- When you select this, Starshipit will read in the weight from the scales and update the package weight in Starshipit to match.
- Click Print.