- This article outlines solutions to common Print Client errors.
- Find out more about how to set up the Print Client.
- Starshipit recommends using the Print App instead of the Print Client. Find out how to set up the Print App.
- If you experience an error that isn't outlined below, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Error: Your Starshipit Print Client isn't working
Close and reopen the Print Client
- Navigate to the taskbar (Windows), or menu bar (Mac)
- Click the arrow icon, then select the Starshipit Print Client.
- Right-click, then select Exit or Quit to close the Print Client.
- Re-open the Starshipit Print Client.
If the Print Client is frozen, end the process from your task manager.
If your computer has been on for an extended period of time (over 24 hours), restart it.
If you are using a Mac, check that the machine name selected in Settings > Printing > Advanced matches the machine name in the print client:
Error: Your account is using the wrong print settings
If you have a child account you may be finding that the printer you want to use is not selecting. If that is the case then:
- Log out of app.starshipit.com completely
- Log back in to the child account directly, do not override to the parent account
- Go to Settings > Printing > Click here for print client and copy the authorisation code
- Log out of the print client and log back in using the authorisation code from previous
- If this has worked, the account tab should have the username of the child account, not the parent account
Error: Your Starshipit Print Client is cutting out
The Print Client is a legacy application and we suggest where possible to upgrade to the Print App to resolve connectivity issues.