Table of Contents
- Quick Print is a workflow we recommend that helps increase the efficiency of your pick pack process and ensures the right order goes to the right address.
- This workflow requires that you have a barcode scanner, and a packing slip with a barcoded order number displayed. You can use many different types of scanners. We recommend you use something similar to the LS2208 General Purpose Barcode Scanner.
- Check first if your Pre-Paid labels have a QR code instead of a barcode for a tracking number, if so you would need a scanner that supports scanning QR codes.
- We recommend using direct printing by setting up Print Application. Starshipit will automatically send the label to your printer.
Before you begin
Before you create and print labels for your order ensure you have performed the following tasks:
1. Generate the packing slip
Packing slips can either be generated from Starshipit or from your eCommerce/inventory management platform. You must have a barcode of the order number to do this.
To generate the packing slip in Starshipit:
- Go to Orders, then select the New tab.
- Select the orders you want to print packing slips for.
- Click Print, then select Print Packing Slips.
- Click Print to confirm.
2. Scan the packing slip
Once you have picked and packed your items, go to Quick Print and scan the order number.
For Classic UI, see our video here.
3. Print the label
With Quick Print you can select a few options for how you would like the scan functionality to work.
- Print order directly: When scanning the barcode, if a matching order is found it is printed straight away
- Open to order details: When scanning the barcode, if a matching order is found, the order is opened and you can make any changes
In Starshipit UI 2.0, you can also configure whether or not you would like to allow orders that have already been printed to be reprinted. You may wish to enable this if you preprint shipping labels but still want to be able to use the above work flow.