- This article outlines how to set up the Print Application for Windows and Mac, so you can print labels and documentation directly to your printer.
Note: Australia Post label sheet printing can be done via the Print Application but you'll need to configure it first in your Starshipit account. To do this, add your Label Sheet settings in Starshipit > Settings > Printing. See our guide for more info.
Set up Print Application
- Windows: Windows 10 with .NET Framework 4.8. You will be prompted to install .NET when you run the installer
- Mac: Mojave and above.
- For older systems applications, use the print client.
- The print application allows for the print settings to be local to your computer. This means that you can have multiple computers all logged into one account but have their own printers.
- Every computer will need to follow the below steps and select which printers they would like their specific computer to use.
1. Download and install the application:
- Log into Starshipit.
- Go to Settings > Desktop App (UI 2.0)/Printing (Classic UI) and click Download Starshipit Desktop App (Windows).
- Once the app has downloaded and been installed, run it and log in with the same username and password as you use for the web app.
- Log into Starshipit.
- Go to
- Settings > Desktop App (UI 2.0)/Printing (Classic UI) and click Download Starshipit Desktop App for Mac.
- Double-click to open. (If it says there's a developer/certification problem, please see this Apple Support guide for a workaround).
- Drag into the Applications folder.
- Run the application, and log in with the same username and password as you use for the web app.
2. Configure your print settings
Starshipit will automatically prompt you to select a printer when you first print a label through the Print Application. If you prefer, you can configure your label and printer mappings in advance. To do this:
- Click Printing in the very top left of the Print Application window.
- Select Print Settings.
- In the Print Settings window, click Assign a label to a printer.
- Select your label type and printer.
- Click Save to add your label type and printer as a new entry.
- Repeat steps 3-5 for each label type and printer you wish to set up.
3. Edit your print settings
- If you need to modify the label size or orientation for an entry, click Edit to make these changes.
- Click Save.
- Close the Print Settings window. You can now start printing.