- All shipments to the EU require pre-approval from EU customs before the shipment leaves. Australia. The pre-approval data needs to include the receiver's postcode as well as the HS tariff code.
- This applies to all shipments sent to all member states, as well as the United Kingdom, Norway and Switzerland.
Note: Many carriers validate that all data is correct and included when you generate your labels. If you don’t include this information, you’ll get errors when printing labels for orders heading to the EU.
How Starshipit manages HS codes
Starshipit automatically imports HS codes for international shipments from many platforms. You can learn about this feature in our guide. If you’ve already set this up, you won’t need to do anything.
This means if you have already set up HS codes in your Shopify store, you can use them for each SKU.
How to use Starshipit to automatically submit your customs information
If you don't have HS tariff codes configured in your eCommerce platform, you can use Starshipit’s Product Catalogue to add HS tariff codes to your products. This ensures the destination customs authority automatically receives the information before your item arrives.
Here’s how it works:
- In your Starshipit account, go to Settings.
- Select Product Catalogue from the left menu.
- Download the CSV template.
- Add your products and their HS codes to the CSV template.
- Click Import CSV.
- Click Select and choose the CSV file from your computer.
- Click Upload.