- Set up live rates at checkout for Wix.
- Install the Starshipit app in Wix and allow customers to see live courier pricing on your checkout page.
- Starshipit supports live rates at checkout for selected couriers.
About live rates at checkout
Starshipit uses the destination address and the total weight of the cart to electronically return a quote for each of your couriers. Your customer can select the preferred shipping method and the order will be imported into StarShipit with this shipping method.
How to get started
1. Install the Starshipit app on the Wix App Market.
- Go to the Starshipit app on the Wix App Market.
- Click Add to site.
- Click Agree & Add.
You will be redirected to the Wix settings page in Starshipit. On this page, you can set the fullfilment status of imported orders and text the integration to make sure it works.
2. Configure rates at checkout in Starshipit
Now that you've set up Wix with Starshipit, you'll need to configure which shipping options you'd like to display to customers at the point of purchase from within Starshipit.
- Follow our guide: Set up rates at checkout.
3. Enable Starshipit in the relevant shipping regions
For customers to see and select the new shipping option at checkout, you need to enable the app in your Wix dashboard.
You must enable the app in each region where you want customers to see it. For example, if you created 3 shipping regions, for Australia, the US, and New Zealand, and want the app to work in the first 2, you must enable the toggle for Australia and then enable the toggle for the US.
- Go to Shipping & fulfillment settings in your site's dashboard.
- Select a shipping region.
- Scroll past any shipping, delivery, or pickup options you created.
- Enable the toggle next to the shipping app.
- Note: When a shipping app is enabled, customers see any shipping options you created that are relevant for their region.
- If your app has a Rate at checkout field, enter a rate.
- Note: This is a backup rate for rare cases where it's not possible to supply a real-time rate.
- Repeat steps 2-5 for any additional regions.
Q: I've installed the Starshipit App, but cannot find it in the "Installed Apps" section within the shipping profile.
A: If you have previously installed the Starshipit App, you may need to uninstall the existing Starshipit App and then reinstall it in order to display the Starshipit App within the shipping profile. This is due to restrictions within Wix.