Table of Contents
- How to set up FedEx Express
- FedEx Express Available Products
- FedEx Express Additional Features
FedEx's Express integration with Starshipit allows you to generate packing slips and shipping labels, send branded tracking notifications, generate live rates at checkout and writeback tracking to your chosen platform.
What you need to get started:
Before getting started with FedEx Express you will need a few things:
- A FedEx Express account.
How to set up FedEx Express
- Go to Settings > Couriers > Add New Courier > FedEx
- Enter your FedEx Express account number and select 'enable FedEx'
- Read and accept the End User License Agreement (EULA)
- Select register - your API details and meter number will auto-populate
- Enter your product codes with the FedEx Express services you wish to use. Available services are listed below and on the FedEx Express settings in Starshipit
- Upload an image of your signature to be displayed on the commercial invoice
- Upload an image of your company letterhead to be displayed on the commercial invoice
- Select your FedEx Express packaging type. You can select one packaging type for FedEx Express shipments.
FedEx Express's Available Products
FedEx Express Additional Features
- Signature & Letterhead
You are required to upload a signature and letter head that will be used on your commercial invoices. To add this, go to Settings > Couriers > FedEx Settings and upload a signature/letter head in the Logos section
- Electronic Trade Documents
For a smoother customs clearance process, submit your trade documents electronically with FedEx Electronic Trade Documents. To enable this on your account, navigate to Settings > Couriers > FedEx > tick Use Electronic Trade Documents When enabled, your invoices will be created automatically when you print the shipping labels.
- Reason for Export
- Set a reason for export for your FedEx shipments. You can set export reason per Starshipit account. To set your reason for export, navigate to Settings > Couriers > FedEx > Reason for Export and select from the dropdown list.
- Cancel a shipment
You can cancel a FedEx Express shipment through the Starshipit portal. To do this, take the tracking number you'd like to cancel and go to the Settings > Couriers > FedEx > Tools > and enter the number. Click cancel to initiate the cancellation with FedEx Express.
- If you get "Internal Service Error." when trying to authenticate, this may mean your street address is too long. FedEx Express requires this to be less than 35 characters. Try shortening your address and adding it again.