- Learn how to move from the Classic UI to UI 2.0.
- UI 2.0 contains a number of new, exclusive features.
Why we created UI 2.0
The Starshipit app has a whole new look. Introducing UI 2.0, the next evolution of Starshipit.
Ever since we first launched Starshipit, we’ve been updating and refining our platform. With UI 2.0, we needed to make a bigger change, to introduce a host of accessibility improvements, to incorporate some of your feedback, and to lay a foundation for our own teams to deliver updates more frequently.
This foundation is important. Given how much functionality we’ve now built into the Starshipit platform, it’s important that we’re able to continue to build on what’s already there without sacrificing speed. You’ll notice when using UI 2.0 that it’s more responsive while at the same time allowing you to do so much more.
Table of Contents
Migrating to UI 2.0
If you'd like to check out the new platform, we've made this super easy.
- Log into app.starshipit.com with your usual Starshipit credentials
- In the bottom left of the navigation menu you will see "Switch to UI 2.0"
- Selecting this will redirect you to our new interface.
If at any point you'd like to return back to the original application, you can change back by:
- Log into app.starshipit.com with your usual Starshipit credentials
- In the top right of the header menu, click the blue down arrow next to your username
- Select "Switch to classic UI"
- You will be redirected back to Starshipit Classic
If you currently use the Print Application you will need to download the our new print app for UI 2.0 to be visible. Please note, UI 2.0 is currently only supported on the Windows Print App.
- In app.starshipit.com go to Settings
- Select Printing
- Select Download Starshipit Desktop
- Complete the installation wizard, this will prompt you to uninstall the old version.
- Log into the application with your Starshipit credentials
- In the top navigation bar select Version > Starshipit 2 (new UI)
- You may need to set up your printing settings again. You can do this by following the above linked guide.
If you're familiar with Starshipit, you may be wondering what the major differences are and what's new in UI 2.0. All in all, UI 2.0 will feel like an upgraded version of a platform you're already comfortable with.
- Edits from grid
- You can now make quick changes to your orders from the orders grid, including updating what package should be used for the package, address details, items and what courier and service code the order should be sent with.
- Order Grid
- Surfacing more information to users is a theme throughout UI 2.0. From the orders grid you will now:
- Be able to see full destination address details (like company name), the estimated shipping price for each order, the package used, the shipping paid on checkout, item quantity, order notes, bin location plus much more
Customizable Columns: Personalize your view by hiding, displaying, or rearranging columns to fit your needs. Your preferences will be saved for future sessions.
- Grid View Options:To adjust your view settings, click on the cog icon and select your preferred layout from the "Grid Views" section.
- Compact View: Display each order in a single line.
- Expanded View: Showcase comprehensive order details in an extended row format.
- Order Details
- When opening up orders, you will see new sections:
- The sender and receiver addresses are on the right-hand side of the order. To edit addresses, click the pencil icon and update as per normal
- Shipping Breakdown: A dynamic breakdown of the quote generated by the courier. This is currently only supported for some couriers however we will expand the list.
- Package views: While the package view remains largely familiar, a new "Package Views" option has been introduced. For those managing numerous packages, consider using the "Single Package View" for a simplified experience.
- Items: You can now set and view additional fields for your items, such as Bin Locations, Mid Codes, Brands, and more. To customize your view with these columns, click on the cog icon on the items. Tip: For automatic field population, utilize the product catalogue.
- Additional details: Where you can see the insurance value as well as reference data.
- Tax Details (international orders) this section is used for adding receiver tax information to orders.
- Customs Details (international orders) all information related to customs including the incoterm used, whether there were documents attached etc.
- Order Notes: We've added a new field for you to add notes to your orders to help with processing shipiments (think "add a gift note", "should be packed with these item")
- With shipping analytics, you can analyse multiple shipping metrics to improve your delivery experience and make data-driven decisions. For example, view real-life shipping performance data from your business to learn if carriers are meeting key shipping delivery KPIs.
- We've added the ability to add tags to your orders to make them easier to organise and manage. For more information, check out our support guide here.
- We've made some updates to the Quick Print page that you know and love to improve your experience. The page has changed from Quick Print to Workflows, and we've changed the terminology of the options from "Print order" to "Scan and print" and "Open to order details to Scan and open". In addition to these changes, Workflows now comes with a few more features under the hood:
- Packing validation: Quickly scan product barcodes and we'll check the product belongs in the order, which helps to reduce errors and improve customer satisfaction.
- Scan to select packaging, carriers, and print labels: Scan barcodes to quickly update the package type, the courier selected and print the order.
- Search and print orders from child accounts: Search and print orders from all your linked child accounts seamlessly. This feature reduces the need to switch between multiple accounts, saving you time.
- Reprint orders: Easily reprint any orders you've previously printed, ensuring you always have access to your labels.
- Suggested Merges
Suggested Merges displays our recommendations for orders you should combine because they share the same destination address. Merging is a smart way to consolidate shipments and cut costs. This is only available in UI 2.0.
- Scheduled Reports
Scheduled Reporting: Set up automated daily or weekly report deliveries, providing a consistent overview of your account's activities and performance.
- Navigate your orders easily
Look at the top right of the order details to find the newly added forward and back buttons, facilitating swift navigation through your orders. Also, don't miss the 'print and next' button; after printing an order, it will immediately display the subsequent order from your grid for seamless processing.
- The search function has moved to the top right of the page. You can use this from wherever you are in the app and search using customers name, order number or tracking number.
- Account Details
- You can find all information related to managing your plan, billing details, logging out of your account and support content in the new user dropdown. This is located in the top right and can be accessed by selecting the blue arrow next to your username.
- Actions menu
- Where you previously may have used the action menu to perform actions against orders, there's now a menu that will display at the top of the page when you an order from the orders grid. From here you can find all the actions you're familiar with plus a few new ones such as add or remove tags.
- Individual order actions
- Needing to perform actions on individual orders? When you open the order, you will see two menus. Anything related to printing can be found in the Print menu and all other actions (including Resending, Cloning, Booking Pickups etc) can be found in the Actions menu
- Validating Addresses
- To bulk validate addresses, select Check Addresses from the top right of the new orders grid. You'll then be taken to a view with only the invalid addresses displaying. From here, use the bulk update or individual update button to correct addresses.
To check an address for a single order, click the pencil next the address you would like to check. This opens the address dialog and you will see in the bottom right an option to check the address.
- Switching Accounts
- If you are used to switching between many different Starshipit accounts, you'll find the new switch accounts dialog much easier to use. You can find this by clicking your username in the top right and selecting Switch Accounts. The switch accounts includes a filter for users with many child accounts.
- Booking Pickups
- You can book your courier pick-ups using the action menu described above. We've also moved the pick up history section to it's own dedicated page that you can see on the left hand navigation bar
- Easily identify packed orders
When you print a packing slip, the tag "packing slip printed" will be automatically applied to your order making it easier to identify packed orders from the Orders grid.
We'd love to hear what you think!