- When using Starshipit in your browser you can bulk upload orders directly into your account. This is great for orders which have been exported out of another system or for orders which you've taken manually and need to upload quickly.
- You can now also import orders directly into the Print Application through the File Monitor. The File Monitor finds CSV files on your computer and imports the information into Starshipit as orders.
- Orders uploaded into the Print App through File Monitor will also be available through Starshipit in your browser.
To find the supported file template for uploading orders, go to CSV File Setup in Starshipit.
Set up the File Monitor
To setup the Print App's File Monitor:
- Open up the Print App on your computer
- In the top-right corner, click File Monitor
- Under Select folder to read CSV files from click Browse to tell the File Monitor where to find CSV files to upload from
- Under Select folder to move files successfully imported click Browse to tell the File Monitor where to move files to one they have been successfully uploaded
- Under Select folder to move files with errors click Browse to tell the File Monitor where to move files to if they have returned errors during upload
- Tick Enable auto import i.e when Print App is running
- Click Close.
Upload orders with File Monitor
Once set up you can begin uploading orders into the Print App. To upload orders into the Print App:
- Ensure that the Print App is running on your computer
- Open the folder you selected as the folder to read CSV files from
- Copy & Paste in (or drag and drop) the CSV file which contains the information for the orders you'd like to upload
- Once added into the folder you've selected as the folder to read CSV files from StarshipIt will begin uploading the orders
- Imported orders will appear in the New tab of the Print App and also be available in the New tab of the Starshipit web app.
If all orders are imported successfully the CSV file will be moved to the selected folder to move files successfully imported and have _IMPORTED added to the end of the file name.
If any orders could not be successfully imported the CSV file will be moved to the selected folder to move files with errors and have _ERROR added to the end of the file name.
File Monitor creates a log of all orders imports which can be found by going to Tools > Open Log Folder.
To see why an order failed to upload, go to Tools > click Open Log Folder > click to open the importLog file.