- Set up Starshipit to display freight/shipping charges on DHL Express commercial invoices.
How it works
Some Customs Jurisdictions require shipping costs to be declared on commercial invoices. Starshipit supports importing shipping costs on orders from Shopify. For other orders Starshipit has three options to manage displaying shipping costs on commercial invoices.
In conclusion there are four options available for managing freight/shipping charges:
- Do not submit shipping cost: No shipping cost is submitted to DHL Express and displayed on your commercial invoices.
- Submit imported shipping charges from your platform: Shipping/freight will be imported from your integrated platform (e.g. Shopify) to be submitted to DHL Express and is displayed on your commercial invoices
- Submit a flat rate: A flat rate value (e.g. $5.00) will be submitted to DHL Express for shipping/freight and is displayed on your commercial invoices.
- Submit the actual cost of shipping: A quote (e.g. $21.31) will be retrieved from DHL Express which will be submitted as the shipping/freight value and is displayed on your commercial invoices.
1. Set your Freight/Shipping Charges option
- In your Starshipit account, go to Settings, then select Options.
- Scroll down to the Freight/Shipping Invoice Value section.
- Under the Freight/Shipping Charges dropdown select your preferred option.
- Click Save.
2. Set your order value adjustment setting
- Go to Settings.
- Click Integrations from the Settings menu.
- Scroll down until you see the Order Value Adjustments section.
- Select Adjustment based on Total Value - Tax - Shipping
- Click Save.