- Set up Starshipit to display shipping costs on DHL Express commercial invoices.
- The functionality in this article is considered legacy. See Set up freight/shipping charges for DHL Express for the most up to date functionality.
How it works
Some Customs Jurisdictions require shipping costs to be declared on commercial invoices. Starshipit supports importing shipping costs on orders from Shopify. For other orders Starshipit has three options to manage displaying shipping costs on commercial invoices:
- Do not add shipping
- Add shipping on top of item values: Adds estimated shipping from DHL and increases the total declared value to include shipping.
- Add shipping and deduct cost from item values: Reduces item values by the cost of shipping to make the declared value the same
1. Set Cost of Shipping on the Commercial Invoice option
- Go to Settings > Couriers
- Click Settings next to DHL Express
- Select Advanced tab
- Scroll down to find Cost of Shipping on the Commercial Invoice
- Select one of the three options
- Scroll down to the bottom of the page.
- Click Save.
2. Set your order value adjustment setting
- Go to Settings.
- Click Integrations from the Settings menu.
- Scroll down until you see the Order Value Adjustments section.
- Select Adjustment based on Total Value - Tax - Shipping
- Click Save.
Learn more about order value adjustment.