- This article outlines how to integrate your Cin7 platform with Starshipit.
- Once completed, your orders can be imported into Starshipit and the tracking information will be written back when you print labels.
1. Activate Starshipit in Cin7
- Ensure the Starshipit module has been installed as per the Cin7 documentation.
- Log into Cin7 with your admin login.
- Click on your username in the top right corner of the screen and select the Settings option in the drop-down.
- Click on Integrations & API.
- Select Starshipit from the list.
- Make a note of the ID and Key as you will need to copy these into Starshipit.
- Change any other settings as desired then click Save.
For more information on each setting please contact Cin7 support.
2. Set up Cin7 in Starshipit
- In Starshipit go to Settings > Integrations > Add New > Cin7.
- Tick Enable Cin7 and Use dedicated API.
- Enter your ID and Key gathered in step 1 into the Cin7 ID and Cin7 Key fields respectively.
- Click Test to ensure it works, to check if the connection is successful.
- Click Save.
3. Set order statuses for import
You can specify statuses (known as stages in Cin7) on which Starshipit will import your orders from Cin7. For example, you can set the app to only import orders which are Processing and/or Fully Picked.
For Starshipit to be able to import orders from Cin7 the below criteria must also be met on each order:
- Sales Orders are Approved.
- The fully dispatched field is empty on each Sales Order.
Provided these conditions are met you can import the orders directly into the New section of your Starshipit account.
4. Importing Dimensions
Starshipit can import item dimensions like from Cin7 setup against your products. To configure dimensions in Cin7 follow the guide below:
Product Settings - Cin7
- By default, dimensions will assume to be in metres. If you are using a different unit of measure in Cin7, you can configure this from Settings > Integrations > Cin7 settings >
Linear measurement unit to convert from Cin7
- Using our Package Setup section you can configure how Starshipit should handle the imported dimensions. See the below guide for further information
Set up packages and import weights and dimensions
I clicked on test connection and I get an invalid credentials error message
Double-check that you have copied the correct information into Starshipit, and that you have saved the information in Cin7. If this problem persists, contact our Support Team on firstname.lastname@example.org.
Frequently asked Questions
Can I get my rates into my Cin7 portal?
Yes, you can get your Starshipit rates into your Cin7 portal using the Cin7 Rate calculater by following these steps:
- Log in to Cin7 Omni.
- From the Integrations menu in the navigation, open your Starshipit integration.
- Open Settings.
- Enter your Starshipit API key into the setting Starshipit API Key.
- Enter your Starshipit subscription key into the setting Starshipit Subscription Key.
- Under Package Options, recreate your Starshipit packages – Omni can’t download your Starshipit package details, so in order for the rates calculator to work accurately, you must re-define their specifications here.
- Select Save.
Once you’ve configured the rate calculator, use it to see estimated shipping costs for your Starshipit couriers:
- Log in to Cin7 Omni.
- From the Integrations menu in the navigation, open your Starshipit integration. You’ll see the rate calculator.
- Enter the package’s destination (Ship To) and weight (Weight) in kilograms.
- Select Get Rates. You’ll see estimated shipping costs from your couriers under Shipping Rates Results.