- This article outlines solutions to common Print App errors.
- Find out more about how to set up the Print App.
- If you experience an error that isn't outlined below, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Error: Labels aren't printing
The first step is to confirm that your label printer is working.
- Download a label to a pdf
- Print this direct to the printer.
- Does this print normally? If it doesn't, you will need to troubleshoot the printer and contacting the printer's support team for further assistance
- If this does print normally, the issue is with the Print App configuration
To check whether you have the correct printers set up:
- All print app configuration is done in the top left of the application. It is not configured through Settings > Printing.
- Click Printing > Print Settings and ensure you have label types set up for every courier.
Error: Label Sizes/Orientation Incorrect
If you are using Mac, we recommend removing all legacy configurations from Starshipit.
- Navigate to Settings > Printing > Advanced
- Remove all label types by clicking remove
Check the defined label sizes in the Application Menu Bar:
- Select Printing > Print Settings
- Click Edit next to the label type that is printing the wrong size
- Adjust the settings to your requirements
Error: Only DHL labels are the incorrect size
DHL has it's own label settings defined in the courier set up. Check that this matches what you are after.
- Navigate to Settings > Couriers > DHL Express Settings
- Set Format for Outbound Labels to your desired size
- Select the Advanced tab
- Select Resize 100x200 labels to 100x150 (select if you are using 100x150 labels) if you are using 100X150mm labels and unselect it if you are using the larger label type
Error: Could not find the Label Type for courier:-1
This error generally occurs when you are trying to bulk print an order that doesn't have a courier assigned to it.
- If you look at the order in the orders grid, check that it has a courier showing in the courier column and a service code displaying in the Product field
- If this is blank, set up a Starshipit Rule or Set a default courier service to automatically assign a courier when the order imports