- NEW Changelog to replace this page please follow for the latest app updates
- Shopify Cart Transit Times: Transit times can now be display in the Shopify Cart, you can enable this via Shopify settings, for DHL & Australia Post
- MyFastway 300g product: we have added support for this product
- DHL Commercial Invoice: Order value adjustment and shipping cost
- Checkout Rates: You can now select to use default package as the weight at checkout
- Import Option: New default setting to only import international OR domestic orders
- NEW Rule: Select the cheapest delivery option is now available
- Magento2: New option to disable writeback, dimensions are now imported
- Cin7 NEW API: You can now use Cin7's new API which supports more order status
- Shopify Checkout: Delivery times are now able to be displayed at checkout for DHL ONLY
- Package Sent Report: Improvements with additional columns for Email Address, Phone Number, Company, Building, Street, Carrier, Barcode, Service/Product Name, Signature required< ATL, Saturday delivery
- Netsuite: can now import HS Code & Country of Manufacture
- Prestashop: Delivery Instructions now supported
- Options: Added support for both Imperial & Metric measurements, useful for USA customers.
Peoplevox: In Settings > Integrations > Peoplevox, you can now set whether, or from where, the currency code is imported.
Mapping DEAR Order Note: Currently Starshipit maps the order or invoice memo field in DEAR to the Starshipit order's receiver address instructions field. There is now an option to map the DEAR order note over instead of the memo in Settings > Integrations > DEAR > Map order note into shipping instructions. This works when using either v1 or v2 of the DEAR API.
Plain Labels: You can now choose to show the receiver phone number on Plain Labels using the new option Settings > Couriers > Plain Label > Show receiver phone number (not available for 100x34 size). If ticked, the receiver phone number will show on Plain Labels. Note that this applies to A4 or 100x150 Plain Labels, but not to 100x34 as it is too small to fit much information.
Import CSV Return Orders: You can now import a CSV file of return orders using the new option in Orders Grid > Import > Upload CSV File. A new Import as return orders option is available that denotes whether orders (i.e. rows) in the CSV being imported are return or outbound ones. If ticked, the orders import as return orders. If unticked, the orders import as outbound orders.
Import Shopify Shipping Lines: The Starshipit functionality in the Shopify app has been amended to import shipping line items correctly. Previously, when shipping from within the Shopify app using the Add shipping as a line item option, in the Actions dropdown, if you clicked View in Starshipit, a shipping line item was NOT created in Starshipit. Also, if you clicked Print shipping labels, a shipping line item was NOT created. This differs from using the Starshipit UI's Import function, where a shipping line item IS created. Now, the Starshipit functionality in the Shopify app has been amended to import shipping lines correctly.
DEAR Version 2 API: We now support the newest version of the DEAR API. To change your default DEAR API setting from version 1 to version 2, go to Settings > Integrations > DEAR and select your chosen DEAR API version. With this set, Company Name and Contact Name will now import from DEAR into Starshipit.
Manifests & 3PL Child Accounts: You can now allow child accounts to access the manifests function. In Settings > Child Accounts > Edit Child Account, for those child accounts of type 3PL Client Account (1 location but servicing multiple clients), there is a new option to Allow access to Manifests page. This has been introduced because some 3PL parent accounts don't want their (child account) customers to see the Manifests page, but others do. Previously, we never allowed access for these types of child account (and that remains the default).