- Use Starshipit to automate the fulfillment process by quickly printing courier labels, get tracking updates and send notifications. Manage the dispatch for orders from multiple sales platforms with all of your couriers in one place.
- Follow step-by-step instructions on how to set up Starshipit based on your business' unique needs.
- Before you can start shipping, you need to work with at least one courier. If you would like to be introduced to a courier, email email@example.com.
1. Set up your profile
- Go to Settings, then select Pickup Address.
- Enter your address and contact details for courier collections. These details may be printed on labels depending on your courier and label format.
- Click Save.
2. Integrate your couriers
If you work with a courier that Starshipit doesn't integrate with, e.g. a small, local courier driver, you can set them up in Starshipit using the Plain Label feature.
3. Set up your platform integrations
Integrate your eCommerce, WMS or IMS, or accounting platform to Starshipit. Choose from a list of 20+ platforms that integrate directly with Starshipit.
If you work with a platform that we do not integrate with yet, you can also use Zapier as a connector between the two platforms.
4. Set up your printers
Configure your printer so you can print shipping labels and generate packing slips. We recommend downloading the Print Application so you can print directly from a PC. You can do this in your Starshipit account: Settings > Printing.
5. Set up boxes and import weights
When orders are imported you can configure default packages for your couriers. You can configure this in your Starshipit account: Settings > Package setup.
6. Packing slips
You can choose to print your packing slips in Starshipit or in your integrated platform, e.g. from within the Shopify dashboard. Choose whether to batch-print packing slips or print packing slips and labels together. You can set this up in the Getting Started wizard, or go to your Starshipit account: Settings > Packing slip.
Set up and customise shipping notifications so you can send automated emails or texts at all five stages of the delivery process. You can do this in your Starshipit account: Settings > Customer Notifications.
8. Branded tracking pages
Include a tracking link in your email notifications to direct your customers to your own branded tracking page, rather than a courier tracking page. You can configure this in your Starshipit account: Settings > Branded Tracking Page.
9. Additional options
If you are shipping internationally, you can configure the following options in your Starshipit account: Settings > Options:
- Default item description
- HS Code
- Country of manufacture
- Set Imperial or Metric for measurements
10. Multi-location, 3PL and WMS
Starshipit can be configured to support complex business processes including multi-location, multi-brand and dropshipping. To set this up you can add child accounts that are attached to your parent account. For more information, see the support articles linked below: