- Set up a multi-workstation to allow more staff to work simultaneously.
Scenario: You have multiple computers using StarShipIT with only one printer. On the main computer, you'll need to set up a printer and the StarShipIT print client. The other computers will use the same StarShipIT login details. Note that the main computer and the print client have to be continuously running.
If you have multiple computers running multiple label printers, you'll need to create a multi-workstation per printer. You may not be able to see this feature in your Settings unless you're on the Professional Plan or higher.
A multi-workstation is an account with its own credentials and printing parameter. This account is connected to the main account and can access orders and courier services. To set up a multi-computer workstation:
- Go to Settings, select Child Accounts.
- Click Add a new child account.
- Enter your child account details.
- Under Type, select Multi Workstation.
In computer 1:
- StarShipIT login
- Print client using StarShipIT login
In computer 2:
- Workstation login
- Print client sing multi workstation login