One of the best ways to improve overall speed of StarShipIT is to have the app installed directly on your Windows computer, which improves both processing and printing speeds.
The Windows app is a standalone alternative to both the web app and print client. You can choose between using the web app or windows app versions of StarShipIT for your day to day order fulfillment.
If you would prefer to print using the web app then you should install the print client instead of the Windows app so your labels are sent to your printers automatically. Refer to the article here.
1. Download the Windows app
- Login to StarShipIT at app.starshipit.com and then go to Settings > Apps and click "Download Windows App".
- Once the app has downloaded you will be prompted to enter a six digit code which can be found in the web app as per the image above.
- After entering the six digit code the application will launch.
2. Configure print settings
You can configure your printers for a faster and seamless printing experience directly within the Windows app, making it quick and easy to add new printers and workstations. The Windows app also supports printing to printers available on the network.
NOTE: Printing Australia Post label sheets is not supported via the Windows app. You will need to use the Web app and the instructions here to generate labels in this format.
Configuring thermal and A4 label printing:
- Go to "Printer Settings" on the left sidebar of the Windows app
- In the very top right click "Create new label and printer"
- Select the label type and the printer you would like to use from the drop down menus then click "Save"
- Your label type for printing will be added as an entry. Now, click "Edit Preferences" for the entry you just added and make sure the paper dimensions and orientation is correct.
- Click "Save" once finished.
- Add as many label type entries as you require. If you print a label using a courier that does not have an entry added in printer settings then the app will prompt you to select label dimensions and a printer.