- Some couriers do not deliver to PO Boxes and so you may need to have orders with a PO Box address to go with a different courier.
- Learn how to best manage orders going to PO Boxes using Rules.
How it works
PO Boxes can be handled in a couple of ways, you can setup a rule in Starshipit to allocate orders to a specific courier service, or prevent PO Box orders from importing into the app.
e.g. You usually send out your orders with Fastway but as they do not deliver to PO Boxes, these orders will need to be sent via Australia Post.
1. How to set up a rule
- Go to Settings > Rules.
- Click Add new rule.
- Select Destination Street as the condition.
- In the condition value field enter each possible combination for PO Boxes. You can find some common values below which are already separated by semi-colons (each value should be delimited by a semi-colon).
- Add your action to take e.g. Assign courier or do not import order (more info on this in section 2).
Example Rule Conditions
Click one of the options below to view example rule conditions.
PO Box and Parcel Lockerparcel;parcel locker;parcel-locker;locker;po box;p.o.b.;pob;p.o. box;po-box;p.o.-box;po-box;p.o box;pobox;p-o-box;p-o box;post office box;p.o. box;po box;p/o;
GPO Box and Locked bagg.p.o box;gpo box;g.p.o. box;g-p-o box;g-p-o-box;locked-bag;locked bag;bag;
Combination of the aboveparcel;parcel locker;parcel-locker;locker;po box;p.o.b.;pob;p.o. box;po-box;p.o.-box;po-box;p.o box;pobox;p-o-box;p-o box;post office box;p.o. box;po box;p/o;g.p.o box;gpo box;g.p.o. box;g-p-o box;g-p-o-box;locked-bag;locked bag;bag
Note: Rules are not case sensitive. You can enter "PO Box" or "po box" in your rule condition, and both values would work.
2. Common use cases
Common use cases of a rule checking for PO Boxes are detailed below:
- Assigning the orders to a different courier service (e.g. Australia Post).
- Preventing the order from importing into Starshipit.
Assigning to another courier:
NOTE: To determine what each service code represents, go to Settings > Couriers and then click Settings next to the courier you want to check the services for.
Preventing the order from importing into Starshipit: