- Set up shipping rates at checkout for Magento 2.
- Install the Starshipit Magento 2 extension and allow customers to see live courier pricing on your checkout page.
- Starshipit supports live rates at checkout for selected carriers.
About live rates at checkout
Starshipit uses the destination address and the total weight of the cart to electronically return a quote for each of your couriers. Your customer can select the preferred shipping method and the order will be imported into Starshipit with this shipping method.
1. Install the extension app
Before installing any extension, please create a backup of the root folder of the Magento website and of the database.
- Download the Magento Extension File
- Unpack the starshipit-services-2.0.1.zip file you've downloaded.
- Connect to the server where the website source folder is located with FTP/SFTP/SSH client
- Upload all files and folders that you have unpacked to the root folder of your Magento website.
- Connect to your Magento directory with SSH
- Run the following commands:
- php bin/magento setup:upgrade
- php bin/magento setup:di:compile
- php bin/magento setup:static-content:deploy
2. Generate your API key in Starshipit
- Log in to your Starshipit account.
- Go to Settings, then select API.
- If the API Key field is blank, click Regenerate, then click Save.
- Copy the API key. You will need to paste in to your Magento Admin panel.
3. Add your API key in Magento 2
- Go to your Magento Admin Dashboard, select Stores.
- Under Settings, select Configuration.
- Select Sales, then click Shipping Methods, and select Starshipit from the list.
- Set Enabled to Yes.
- Paste your API key from Starshipit in the API Key field.
- Fill in the required fields according to your preferences.
- Click Save Config.
Your checkout should now display your Starshipit live rates.
You might also like to rename the courier or add margin.