- Set up live rates at checkout for Magento 2.
- Install the StarShipIT Magento 2 extension and allow customers to see live courier pricing on your checkout page.
- StarShipIT supports live rates at checkout for selected carriers.
About live rates at checkout
StarShipIT uses the destination address and the total weight of the cart to electronically return a quote for each of your couriers. Your customer can select the preferred shipping method and the order will be imported into StarShipIT with this shipping method.
1. Install the extension
- To install the StarShipIT extension in your Magento store, go to the Magento Marketplace.
- Select Your store version, and click Add to Cart.
- Proceed to checkout, and click Place Order.
- Click Install, and follow the steps to install the app.
For more information, see the Magento 2 Installation Guide.
2. Generate your API key in StarShipIT
- Log in to your StarShipIT account.
- Go to Settings, then select API.
- If the API Key field is blank, click Regenerate, then click Save.
- Copy the API key. You will need to paste in to your Magento Admin panel.
3. Add your API key in Magento 2
- Go to your Magento Admin Dashboard, select Stores.
- Under Settings, select Configuration.
- Select Sales, then click Shipping Methods, and select StarShipIT from the list.
- Set Enabled to Yes.
- Paste your API key from StarShipIT in the API Key field.
- Fill in the required fields according to your preferences.
- Click Save Config.
Your checkout should now display your StarShipIT live rates.
You might also like to rename the courier or add margin.