StarShipIT supports the BBX or DHL EXPRESS BREAKBULK product code of DHL Express.
DHL EXPRESS BREAKBULK provides door-to-door delivery of shipments that are consolidated at origin, sent from one customs zone to another, then deconsolidated by DHL at destination before delivery to different addresses within the same country or customs union. The consolidated shipment is cleared as a single entry on arrival at the destination facility.
It means that you will need to consolidate the parcel before sending, to achieve that you will need to generate a DHL Mother Airwaybill for the consolidated package and a baby Airwaybill for the individual package.
Note: StarShipIT can only generate the baby AWB, the Mother AWB will have to be generated through the DHL system.
1. Set-up DHL BBX
The first step is to set-up DHL Express (if you haven't done this step refer to this article), once you have set-up DHL Express you need to add the BBX product code to your account. The product code will only be available if DHL have set this up on your account from their side. If you cannot see the BBX product code, contact your DHL Express account manager
- Go to Settings > Couriers > DHL Express setting
- Add new product codes
- Add product code B and product name BBX
2. How generate the Mother AWB number from the DHL System
Step 1: Create a Dummy AWB for the tracking number
On the Main Screen, press F2 to automatically print a dummy shipment
Alternatively generate a random shipment within “New Shipment”
You only need to create a dummy shipment to gain the AWB number. This is to be visible on all baby AWBs
Step 2: Update shipper to include new Mother AWB number
- Click on your “Shippers” address book
- Right click on “BBX Baby” (or whichever shipper you choose to use) and select Edit Shipper
- Enter the AWB number into the Mobile
- Click Save and Close
Step 3: Delete the Dummy AWB
- Click on Shipments
- Right click on the Dummy AWB you just created and select Delete Shipment
***If you do not delete this shipment, you will not be able to generate the Mother AWB later on
Process Baby shipments on StarShipIT solution with Mother AWB no. from above entered into Shipper Reference element (any other reference the shipper wants to use will need to be given in the same element after the Mother AWB no. with a space in between)
- Select “BBX Mother” from the Receiver ID
- Ensure FOCAUBBXB is the correct account being charged
- Select “Express Worldwide (NON DOC)” as the product
- Enter the consolidated weight and value of the combined shipments
- Print AWB
*** The total of “Pieces” equates to total pallets, not the total shipments (babies) being sent.
- Ensure the mother shipper is changed to “BBX MOTHER” charging account: FOCAUBBXB when processing the mother AWB
- When finished processing BBX (the next day even) make sure that you change the shipper back to your account. This will cause tracking and billing issues if this is not done.
***Run End Of Day Manifest when everything has been processed.
***Any archive AWBs are to be handed to the courier along with the consolidated Invoice.
3. Printing Baby AWB
Once you have your Mother AWB number you can start processing your baby AWB, the process is similar to any other order the only difference is you will need to insert the Mother AWB number on the order dialogue box (Check out this article to learn how to print in StarShipIT.)