When fulfilling online orders in the store or when the warehouse is next to the store, its a great option to offer customers collect in store instead of paying for shipping.
StarShipIT offers a solution to manage orders that will be picked up in store:
- During checkout, customers located in your area can opt to pick-up an order from the local store.
- Once the customer has selected this option, the order will be imported into StarShipIT as "pick-up in store".
- From StarShipIT you will fulfill the order and the order will be Completed in your e-commerce with "PICK-UP-IN-STORE" as a reference.
1. Enable Pick-up in store.
The first step is to enable "pick -up in store" as a fulfilment option in StarShipIT
- Go to Settings>Courier>add new> Pick-up in store.
- Click Enable Pickup In Store.
2. Set-up a rule to assign the "Pick-up in Store"
The second step is to add a rule to assign the order with the shipping method pick-up in store (taken from your eCommerce store) to the pick-up in store option in StarShipIT.
- Go to Settings>Rules
- Add new rules
- Set the rule option as the screenshot (replace "Your pick-up shipping method" by the shipping method from your e-commerce platform)
3. Set-up the email notification
The last step is to customise the email sent to the customer when using the pick-up in store option.
- Go to Settings>Customer Notification.
- Enable "The pick-up option email" and save
- Click on email template to customise it.
4. Process a "pick-up in store" order
Your order should be automatically imported as Pick-Up in store, you only need to "Print" the order with the Pick-up in store delivery option.