- When fulfilling online orders from a store or when a warehouse is located next to a store, you might want to offer customers the option to collect a product instead of paying for shipping.
- In Starshipit, you can manage orders that will be picked up in-store.
- During checkout, customers can opt to pick up an order from their local store.
- Once the customer has selected this option, the order will be imported into Starshipit as "pick up in-store".
- After you fulfil the order in Starshipit, the order will be marked as Completed with '"pick up in-store" as a reference.
Enable pick up in-store live rate on your checkout (optional)
If using Starshipit's live rates you can configure a pickup in store option from within the Starshipit UI.
- Make sure you have configured live rates to display:
- Navigate to Settings > Checkout Rates > Courier Configuration > Enable Advanced Configuration
- Scroll to Flat Rate section and select Table Rates
- Add a new row with the following details:
Product Code: PICKUP
Product Name: Pickup in Store (this is what will display on your checkout)
Country Codes/State Codes/Post Codes: Optional, use if you would like to make the pickup in store option only available for only certain locations
Shipping rates: 1000|0 - This would mean all orders up to 1000kg will be offered Pickup in Store for $0)
- Hit Save.
1. Enable pick up in-store
- Go to Settings > Couriers > Add a new courier.
- Navigate to Other and select Pick up in store.
- Click Enable Pickup In Store.
- Hit Save.
2. Set up a rule to assign the 'pick up in-store' option
With this option enabled in Starshipit, a customer will now be able to select 'pick up in-store' at checkout. Create a rule in Starshipit to automatically assign all pick-up orders to the pick up in-store option in Starshipit.
- Go to Settings > Rules.
- Click Add a new rule.
- Enter the parameters in the below screenshot (replace "Your pick-up shipping method" with the shipping method from your eCommerce platform).
- Click Save.
3. Set up an email notification
Customise an email sent to the customer who has selected the pick up in-store option.
- Go to Settings > Customer Notifications.
- Enable "Pick up in-store" by selecting the email template and hit Save.
- Click on email template to customise it.
4. Process a 'pick up in-store' order
Now your order should be automatically imported as 'pick up in-store'. 'Print' the order with the 'pick up in-store' delivery option. Finally, manifest your orders as you normally would to move the order from Printed to Shipped.
Other relevant information for you
To know more about setting up 'rules' in Starshipit, click here