- When fulfilling online orders from a store or when a warehouse is located next to a store, you might want to offer customers the option to collect a product instead of paying for shipping.
- In Starshipit, you can manage orders that will be picked up in-store.
How it works
- During checkout, customers can opt to pick up an order from their local store.
- Once the customer has selected this option, the order will be imported into Starshipit as "pick up in-store".
- After you fulfil the order in Starshipit, the order will be marked as Completed with '"pick up in-store" as a reference.
Enable pick up in-store as a live rate at your checkout (Optional)
If using Starshipit's live rates you can configure a pickup in store option from within the Starshipit UI.
- Make sure you have configured live rates to display:
- Navigate to Settings > Checkout Rates > Courier Configuration > Enable Advanced Configuration
- Scroll to Flat Rate section and select Table Rates
- Add a new row with the following details:
Product Code: PICKUP
Product Name: Pickup in Store (this is what will display on your checkout)
Country Codes/State Codes/Post Codes: Optional, use if you would like to make the pickup in store option only available for only certain locations
Shipping rates: 1000|0 - This would mean all orders up to 1000kg will be offered Pickup in Store for $0)
- Hit Save.
1. Enable pick up in-store
- Go to Settings > Couriers > Add a new courier.
- Navigate to Other and select Pick up in store.
- Click Enable Pickup In Store.
- Hit Save.
Customise the pickup in store label template
Starshipit automatically generates a pickup label for your order with "Generate labels for Pickup in Store" ticked, incorporating both the order information and your predefined settings. However, if you prefer a personalized touch, our flexible template editor allows you to create your own label design.
- Go to Settings > Couriers > Pickup in Store> Label Template
- Select Customise your own
- From here, you can either use the template editor for modifications. Alternatively, export the template to edit in Microsoft Excel.
- On the right hand side, you will find variables you can include in the template. These will be replaced with shipment data on label print. Current variables include:
- ProductName: For pickup in store orders, this will always be pickup in store
- XofY: This will display package 1 of 1
- Reference Number
- Weight: Total weight of the package
- SKUs: A list of the skus on the shipment
- Delivery Instructions
- PackageDimensions: i.e 10x10x10
- When you have completed your edits, click save template
2. Set up a rule to assign the 'pick up in-store' option
With this option enabled in Starshipit, a customer will now be able to select 'pick up in-store' at checkout. Create a rule in Starshipit to automatically assign all pick-up orders to the pick up in-store option in Starshipit.
- Go to Settings > Rules.
- Click Add a new rule.
- Enter the parameters in the below screenshot (replace "Your pick-up shipping method" with the shipping method from your eCommerce platform).
- Click Save.
3. Set up an email notification
Customise an email sent to the customer who has selected the pick up in-store option.
- Go to Settings > Customer Notifications.
- Enable "Pick up in-store" by selecting the email template and hit Save.
- Click on email template to customise it.
4. Process a 'pick up in-store' order
Now your order should be automatically imported as 'pick up in-store'. 'Print' the order with the 'pick up in-store' delivery option. Finally, manifest your orders as you normally would to move the order from Printed to Shipped.
Other relevant information for you
To know more about setting up 'rules' in Starshipit, click here