- When fulfilling online orders from a store or when a warehouse is located next to a store, you might want to offer customers the option to collect a product instead of paying for shipping.
- In Starshipit, you can manage orders that will be picked up in-store.
- During checkout, customers can opt to pick up an order from their local store.
- Once the customer has selected this option, the order will be imported into Starshipit as "pick up in-store".
- After you fulfil the order in Starshipit, the order will be marked as Completed with '"pick up in-store" as a reference.
1. Enable pick up in-store
- Go to Settings > Couriers > Add a new courier.
- Navigate to Other and select Pick up in store.
- Click Enable Pickup In Store.
- Hit Save.
2. Set up a rule to assign the 'pick up in-store' option
With this option enabled in Starshipit, a customer will now be able to select 'pick up in-store' at checkout. Create a rule in Starshipit to automatically assign all pick-up orders to the pick up in-store option in Starshipit.
- Go to Settings > Rules.
- Click Add a new rule.
- Enter the parameters in the below screenshot (replace "Your pick-up shipping method" with the shipping method from your eCommerce platform).
- Click Save.
3. Set up an email notification
Customise an email sent to the customer who has selected the pick up in-store option.
- Go to Settings > Customer Notifications.
- Enable "Pick up in-store" by selecting the email template and hit Save.
- Click on email template to customise it.
4. Process a 'pick up in-store' order
Now your order should be automatically imported as 'pick up in-store'. 'Print' the order with the 'pick up in-store' delivery option. Finally, manifest your orders as you normally would to move the order from Printed to Shipped.