- Integrate Starshipit with Magento2, so you can import Magento2 orders.
- Starshipit will write back tracking information when you print a label (or when you manifest, depending upon your settings).
- There are two ways to connect your Magento2 store with Starshipit. Token based authentication is recommended especially if you are using two-factor authentication on your store.
- As of Magento 2.4 two-factor authentication is enabled by default on Magento2. This means you will need to use token authentication to connect with Starshipit.
- As of Magento 2.4.4 users will need to enable token access in the Admin by setting the Stores > Configuration > Services > OAuth > Consumer Settings > Allow OAuth Access Tokens to be used as standalone Bearer tokens option to Yes.
1. Set up access for Starshipit to Magento2
Token Authentication (recommended)
Create a access token.
- Log into your Magento2 admin page.
- At the very bottom left of the sidebar click System > Extensions > Integrations.
- Click Add New Integration.
- Enter Starshipit in the Name field.
- Enter your admin password in the Your Password field. Leave all other fields blank.
- Click the API tab.
- Under the Resource Access dropdown select All.
- Click Save in the top right of the screen.
- You will then be taken back to the Integrations page.
- Click Allow.
- A dialog will appear with a Consumer Key, Consumer Secret, Access Token, and Access Token Secret.
- Only the Access Token is required. Copy your Access Token and click Done.
Note: Skip this section if you have completed the steps above for Token Authentication
Create a new role
- Go to your Magento Admin Dashboard and select System.
- Under Permissions, select User Roles.
- Click Add New Role.
- In Role Name, enter Integration, then select the Role Resources tab.
- From the Resource Access dropdown, select All.
- Click Save Role.
Assign your new role to a user
- From the Dashboard panel, select System.
- Under Permissions, select All Users.
- From the Users page, click Add New User.
- Enter the required user information. We recommend you note your username and password for later use.
- Select the User Role tab, then select the Integration role you previously created.
- Click Save User.
2. Enter your Magento2 details in Starshipit
- In your Starshipit account select Settings, then select Integrations.
- Click Add a new integration, and select Magento2.
- Click the Enable Magento2 checkbox.
- Select your Authentication Method from step 1.
- Enter the URL of your site, e.g. https://www.myShop.com
- Enter your Access Token or Username and Password.
- Select your import status.
- Import Dimensions Unit: Select the UOM measure you use for dimensions
- Test your connection, and then click Save.
3. (Optional) Import delivery information
Give your customers the option to choose between Signature on Delivery and Authority to Leave during the checkout process. To set this up, create the following custom fields:
- delivery_comment (String max 100) for the delivery instruction
- authority_to_leave: values can be 0, 1, true, false, yes or no
- signature_required: values can be 0, 1, true, false, yes or no
NOTE: To add the file to /rest/V1/orders/ you need to add them to the order search Criteria API.