- Create a return label for Australia Post eParcel, TNT, Couriers Please, StarTrack, and DHL Express and NZ Post Domestic
- Choose to create your return labels using our self-service returns portal, manually, from an existing order, or with each outgoing label.
- Before you begin, check that you have returns enabled for your couriers
Set up returns for your courier
The best place to begin with returns is to speak with your courier Account Manager to discuss pricing, lodgement process and recommendations around returns. Some couriers require additional set-up with the courier directly, or within Starshipit, to begin creating returns. These are listed below:
- To set up returns with Australia Post eParcel please see our guide.
- To set up returns with Couriers Please please see our guide
- To set up returns with NZ Post Domestic please see our guide
Option 1: Using the self-service returns portal
If you would like to opt for self-service returns, the returns portal is the best option. For more information on this see below:
Option 2: Manually create a return label
- In your StarshipIt account, go to Orders.
- In the top right click Create Order, then select Return.
- The sender address (i.e. the warehouse) is where the shipment is being returned to.
- The receiver address (i.e. the address of the customer) is the address the product is being sent from.
- Fill in the required fields and choose the courier service.
- Print or email the label.
Option 3: Print a return label from an existing order
- In your Starshipit account, go to Orders, then select the Shipped tab.
- Open the order that you want to create a return label for.
- Click Add return, then click to confirm.
- You will be taken to a page with the return shipment details. You can download, email or print the label from here.
Option 4: Create a return label with each outgoing shipment
Using this method you can automatically create a return shipment with each outgoing shipment you process through Starshipit. You can do this in the following two ways:
- Create a return label using the same courier as the outgoing label
- Create a return label using a specified courier
Using the same courier
- Go to Settings, then select Rules.
- Click Add a new rule.
- Set up the rule for your matching condition (e.g. All Orders) and the action "Create Return > True".
- The above rule will create a return using the same courier that the outgoing shipment is being sent with.
- Click "Run Rules Now" or re-import your orders so the create return flag is applied against existing orders.
- Now, when you print your new orders you will receive a matching return label with each order.
Using a specified courier
- Go to Settings > Rules.
- Click Add a new rule.
- Set up the rule to for your matching condition (e.g. All Orders) and the action "Create Return For Specified Courier".
- For the value, select the courier and service code you would like to use. You can see a list of service codes under each couriers settings in Settings > Couriers.
- Click Run rules now or re-import your orders so the create return flag is applied against existing orders.
- Now, when you print your new orders you will receive the specified return label with each order.