- Create a return label for Australia Post eParcel, StarTrack, CourierPost, DHL Express and NZ Post.
- Choose to create your returns label manually, from an existing order, or with each outgoing label.
- Before you begin, check that you have returns enabled in your couriers' advanced settings.
1. Manually create a return label
- In your StarshipIt account, go to Orders.
- In the top right click Create Order, then select Return.
- The sender address (i.e. the warehouse) is where the shipment is being returned to.
- The receiver address (i.e. the address of the customer) is the address the product is being sent from.
- Fill in the required fields and choose the courier service.
- Print or email the label.
2. Print a return label from an existing order
- In your Starshipit account, go to Orders, then select the Shipped tab.
- Open the order that you want to create a return label for.
- Click Add return, then click to confirm.
- You will be taken to a page with the return shipment details. You can download, email or print the label from here.
3. Create a return label with each outgoing shipment
Using this method you can automatically create a return shipment with each outgoing shipment you process through Starshipit. You can do this in the following two ways:
- Create a return label using the same courier as the outgoing label
- Create a return label using a specified courier
Using the same courier
- Go to Settings, then select Rules.
- Click Add a new rule.
- Set up the rule for your matching condition (e.g. All Orders) and the action "Create Return > True".
- The above rule will create a return using the same courier that the outgoing shipment is being sent with.
- Click "Run Rules Now" or re-import your orders so the create return flag is applied against existing orders.
- Now, when you print your new orders you will receive a matching return label with each order.
Using a specified courier
- Go to Settings > Rules.
- Click Add a new rule.
- Set up the rule to for your matching condition (e.g. All Orders) and the action "Create Return For Specified Courier".
- For the value, select the courier and service code you would like to use. You can see a list of service codes under each couriers settings in Settings > Couriers.
- Click Run rules now or re-import your orders so the create return flag is applied against existing orders.
- Now, when you print your new orders you will receive the specified return label with each order.
NB: You can set up Australia Post eParcel to use a different returns product to the PR one, which is used by default (if you have not set any returns product codes yourself).
Simply set up the returns product codes that AusPost have made available to your account via Settings > Couriers > Australia Post. These may then be used in the New Order page and may also be set via rules that use the Create Return For Specified Courier action. Supported AusPost returns product codes are:
PR - eParcel Post Returns
PR1 - eParcel Post Returns - Zonal 1
PR2 - eParcel Post Returns - Zonal 2
XPR - Express eParcel Post Returns
XPR1 - Express eParcel Post Returns - Zonal 1
XPR2 - Express eParcel Post Returns - Zonal 2