With StarShipIT's email notifications you have the option to opt in or out to send emails at five stages of the delivery process. Using StarShipIT's email editor, you can create emails in line with your brand and communication style. To edit the default email template follow these instructions.
1. Select the status you want to send an email.
StarShipIT can manage an email template for each different delivery status. StarShipIT will trigger an email only for the checked status.
- Go to Settings > Customer notification
- Enable the checkbox of the different status.
2.Edit the email template.
- Go to Settings > Customer Notification
- Click on Email Template
- Once in the editor, you can modify the email template as required.
3. Use the StarShipIT Variable.
Use StarShipIT variables to personalise your email and include information about the order- Tracking number, Tracking URL)
StarShipIT variable can be included in the subject field and in an HTML tag (<a href=%TrackingURL%>Track %OurRef% Online</a>)
See below the description of the different Variables:
- Recipient name: The name of your customer
- OurRef: Sender's reference (e.g. sales order number)
- TheirRef: Addressee's reference (e.g. purchase order number)
- Carrier Name: The carrier used to ship the parcel
- Tracking number: Tracking number associated with the parcel
- Tracking URL: Tracking URL associated with the parcel
- Company Name: You Company name
- Telephone: Your Telephone Number
4. Add an image in the Email.
- Select Upload image the Email editor
- Click Upload
- Select an image from your computer
- Click on the Upload from the dialogue box.
- Select the image on the middle part of the screen
- Click on Insert.
Many e-commerce platforms (including Magento) include notification options that email customers when the status of their order has been updated. If you have opted to write-back the status to your e-commerce platform, you may need to consider whether your customers are receiving duplicate notifications and then to enable/disable notifications, as required.
Q. The customer notifications are considered as Spam
A. The first step is to check if the From field has been completed in the customer notification template.
If it has you can Check the domain in https://mxtoolbox.com/spf.aspx and see if SPF record exists.
If SPF record EXISTS, then check if "spf.smtp2go.com" is included in the SPF record, if it IS NOT, then it appears that the your domain has got SPF record configured.
Therefore, you need to include "spf.smtp2go.com" in the TXT DNS record to avoid the email notification being marked as SPAM or getting bounced by the recipients mail server.