- This article outlines key considerations when setting up the same Australia Post eParcel API details on multiple accounts in Starshipit.
- Starshipit uses the Dispatch ID and Current Increment values in your Australia Post settings to create tracking numbers.
- The Current Increment values should be seperated by at least 1,000,000 on each Starshipit account.
- The advice in this article also applies for StarTrack and other carriers which utilise increment numbers.
How it works
When generating labels and tracking numbers, Starshipit will use the Dispatch ID (MLID) associated with your Australia Post eParcel account. The Dispatch ID will always prefix any tracking number generated for Australia Post. Immediately following the Dispatch ID in the tracking number is the Current Increment which always goes up by one for each Australia Post eParcel label you print.
The default increment will be 3,400,000 when setting up Australia Post, which is normal. However, if the same Australia Post eParcel API details have been setup on multiple Starshipit accounts and a previously used increment is re-used this can result in duplicate tracking numbers. Shipments with duplicate tracking numbers will still be delivered correctly, but two or more sets of tracking events will appear against that tracking number. Starshipit will attempt to alert you with an error when or before this happens.
NB: For the above reasons we reccomend seperating the Current Increment value by at least 1,000,000 on each Starshipit account when setting up the same Australia Post eParcel API details.
1. Changing the increment number
- Go to Settings > Couriers.
- Click Settings next to Australia Post.
- Under Current Increment change the increment number by at least 1,000,000.