StarShipIT supports live rates at check-out for the carriers listed in the article here.
Requirements: The carriers have to be active in StarShipIT. The StarShipIT Magento app has to be installed (The app is available for free on Magento connect)
1. Install the StarShipIT Magento1 extension
Install the StarShipIT extension in your Magento store
- Go to https://marketplace.magento.com/starshipit-rvtech-starshipit.html and select your Magento store version and checkout with the app in your cart.
- Click "Install" and you will be taken to your access keys page as shown below. You will need this access key for your Magento admin panel.
- Login to the Magento admin panel and go to the Magento Connect Manager. System > Magento Connect > Magento Connect Manager
- Under the "Install New Extensions" copy over the StarShipIT app access key, click "Install"
- Click "Proceed" the below message should display
2. Configure the StarShipIT Magento1 extension
Firstly, generate a StarShipIT API key:
- Login into StarShipIT account at app.starshipit.com and navigate to Settings > API.
- If the API key field is blank click "Regenerate" and then "Save".
- Keep this page open as you will need to copy the below API key into your Magento admin panel.
- Go back to your Magento admin panel and go to System > Configuration > Shipit Settings.
- Paste your API key from StarShipIT into the "API key" field.
- Now go to System > Configuration > Sales > Shipping Methods.
- Enable the "Shipit (Rate Services)" shipping method and ensure the "Calculate" option is enabled as shown below.
NOTE: The other ShipIT shipping methods are legacy options and should not be used as they depreciated.
- Your checkout should now display your StarShipIT live-rates.
- You can customise which rates you'd like to display further from the StarShipIT back-end in Settings > Checkout Rates. Refer to the documentation here for further information.
Q. The address auto-completion doesn't populate the State field
A. You will need to modify the following two files to accommodate their State field.