This option is available for orders that do not require a specific courier service or as a workaround for users who do not have a courier service account.
Currently we support the configuration of one plain label per StarShipIT account
1. Enable Plain label
- Go to 'Settings' > 'Carriers' and select 'Add courier'. Select 'Plain Label'
- Select 'Enable a plain label'
- Click 'Save'
2. Plain labels options
- Specify a custom message to writeback when there is no tracking number During the printing process, you can add a tracking number in the order. This tracking number will be written back in the eCommerce platform. If for some reason you don't add any tracking information you can add a default message in this field (e.g. Non-Trackable)
- Enable Postage Paid Stamp for Australia Post or Enable Postage Paid Priority Stamp for Australia Post You can add the postage-paid or postage-paid Priority icon icon of Australia Post to your label automatically. This logo will be displayed on every label
- Format: The plain labels exist in three different format A4, 100*150mm and 100*33mm, the most common is the 100*150 format which is the same size than the courier company labels. The format can be edited in Settings>Courier>Plain Label>Select paper size.
- Tracking URL: You can send a customer notification when you print a Plain label, however per default, the field Tracking URL will be empty, if you specify an URL in Settings>Courier>Plain Label>Enter the tracking URL associated with the carrier, this URL will be added to the customer notification.
- Name: You can rename the Plain Label in Settings>Courier>Plain Label>Enter the name of your carrier
3. Use case with Plain Label - Prepaid Satchel
You are using a local courier which only provide Prepaid Satchel, here are the steps to process orders using the plain label for this courier.
- In Settings>Courier>Plain Label
- Rename the plain label with your Local Courier name.
- Add the tracking URL of the courier company.
Now you can process your order using the Plain Label.
- Select Plain Label - MyLocalCourier
- Enter or scan the tracking number on the satchel in the Tracking field
- Click Print Labels
StarShipIT will generate and send a plain label to your printer, and your customer will receive automatically an email containing all the information they need to track there parcel
Note: The plain label doesn't have tracking events, therefore only the "Printed" customer notification will be available for Plain Label.