About using Starshipit
Before you start
- Connect at least one courier and one integrated platform to fulfill orders.
- Set up your printer in Starshipit, so you can print labels. We recommend you download the Print Application directly to your computer to enable fast printing.
How it works
You can configure additional settings to suit your business needs.
- Add custom box sizes and specifications to your orders. This is helpful if you ship items of different shapes or large volumes of small items.
- You can also import the weights of items from your eCommerce platform.
- Starshipit automatically sends the order status, tracking number and courier name to your selling channel or marketplace when a label is generated. This is known as write-back.
- Your account settings default to write-back performing when a label is printed, however you can change this so write-back is performed on manifest or dispatch instead.
- Set a default international and domestic courier service.
- Default options are automatically applied to any imported orders that fit the criteria. For example, you could set a specific courier to ship international orders.
- Imported orders are added to the New tab in the Orders page of your account.
- You can configure orders to import every ten minutes, or you can trigger an import of orders as required.
- The address validation tool helps to correct errors in a customer's address, according to shipping constraints.