About using Starshipit
To start using Starshipit, you need to register and sign up for a plan or 30-day free trial. You can follow the in-app Getting Started wizard to set up or use our detailed setup guide for step-by-step instructions.
Before you start
- Connect at least one courier and one integrated platform to fulfill orders.
- Set up your printer in Starshipit so you can generate and print labels. We recommend you download the Windows app directly on your computer for fast printing.
How it works
You can configure additional settings to suit your business needs.
- Add custom box sizes and specifications to your orders. This is helpful if you ship items of different shapes or large volumes of small items.
- You can also import the weights of items from your eCommerce platform.
- Starshipit automatically sends the order status, tracking number and courier name to your selling channel or marketplace when a label is generated. This is known as write-back.
- Your account settings will default to write-back on printing. You can change it to write-back on dispatch in your settings.
- Set a default international and domestic courier service.
- Default options are automatically applied to any imported orders that fit the criteria. For example, you could set a specific courier to ship international orders.
- Imported orders are added to the New tab in the Orders page of your account.
- You can configure orders to import every ten minutes, or you can import orders as required.
- The address validation tool helps to correct errors in the customer's address according to shipping constraints.
- You have to set up a print client in order to print labels.
- Once you have set up a print client, you can configure your print settings, assign label types, and add printers.
- Starshipit will automatically download a PDF file when you print labels.