OpenCart is an easy-to-use, powerful, Open Source online store management program that can manage multiple online stores from a single back-end.
The following guide will show you how to integrate your OpenCart store with Starshipit, once completed your orders will automatically import into Starshipit and the tracking numbers will be written back to OpenCart when you print a label.
The first step is to download and install the Starshipit app in your OpenCart account, in a second step you will have to create an API access in OpenCart and add the Starshipit IP address, to finalise the integration you will need to copy/past the OpenCart API information in your Starshipit account.
Integrate using OpenCart API
1. Download and install Starshipit Extension for OpenCart
2. Create a API access for Starshipit in OpenCart
- Log on to your OpenCart Administration site
- Go to Settings>Users>API
- Complete API Name
- Generate the API Key
- Set Status as "Enabled"
- Go to "IP Addresses" Tab
- Add the following IP addresses:
- Click Save
3. Add OpenCart integration with API details in Starshipit
- In Starshipit go to Settings > Integrations > Add a new integration > OpenCart
- Tick Enable OpenCart
- Tick Use API
- Fill in the API Name and API Key created in the previous step
- Click Save
- I have successfully integrated my OpenCart shop but the orders are not coming through.
--> Per default Starshipit import the order with Status = Pending, make sure you have Pending order in OpenCart, or change the "Status to Import" in the settings.
Starshipit's extension supports the following versions of OpenCart:
OpenCart Legacy Integration (deprecated)
1. Implement the PHP files on your website
- Please download the files from here.
- Once downloaded, extract the .zip file. It includes an import.php file and update.php file.
- Login into your Starshipit account and get your API Key which is available under Settings > API Key
- Once you have created your key, enter it into the second line of each file above.
- Look for $apiKey= "Get key from Settings > API Key"; and replace the part of the = with your key
- Copy Files to Server
- Navigate to your OpenCart server root directory and copy the two files from above into the admin folder.
2. Enter the path of the PHP files in Starshipit
- In the Starshipit Main menu Click on Settings > Integration > Add New and select OpenCart from the Add Integration List.
- Tick the 'Enabled' checkbox at the top of the page and enter the full URL to the admin folder on your site (i.e. http://www.yourwebsite.com/admin/).
- Then click 'Save' to apply your changes.
Q. My orders have not imported
A. The first step is to verify is that the import.php file is well located and accessible by Starshipit.
Try to access the following URL through your browser: http://www.yourwebsite.com/admin/import.php - if the browser is returning a 404 error please go back and redo the previous steps.
If it returns an execution error, please contact the support team at firstname.lastname@example.org.