NZ Post offers a range of services across New Zealand including NZ Post (International), CourierPost (domestic) and Pace (same-day domestic delivery service)
The NZ Post integration includes the international services only, for Domestic you need to set up CourierPost.
N.B You can use your existing CourierPost API credentials for NZ Post, you do not need to generate new ones.
N.B An account number starting with a 9 can be used for Domestic and International. An account number starting with a 5 can only be used for International.
1. Request your account setup
StarShipIT can contact NZ Post on your behalf to get your account provisioned with an API key and API secret to use for generating labels.To do this please email us the below at email@example.com and we will advise you once setup has been completed.
- NZ Post Account Number
- Permit Post Number (If available)
The account number should have been given by NZ Post when you opened your Business Account. If you do not have a Business Account apply for one Here
2. Add new Product codes
Once StarShipIT has confirmed NZ Post is available on your account you should check that your preferred couriers are available in the courier settings.
- Go to Settings > Couriers > NZ Post > Settings
- Select your new Product Code in the Drop-down menu
- Click Add
- The new product code is now added
If the test returns invalid accounts:
- Double check the credentials and check for incorrect spaces
- Contact firstname.lastname@example.org
If rates are incorrect or are not showing:
- Rates are not support by NZPost for international orders, they are yet to be added to the NZPost API and hence StarShipIT does not support it.