CouriersPlease's integration with Starshipit allows you to use all of Starshipit's features including generation of packing slips and shipping labels, auto-correction of addresses, branded tracking and notifications and many more.
To integrate CouriersPlease with your Starshipit account, you need to have an EDI (Electronic Data Interchange) account. If you don't have one, simply contact your CouriersPlease account manager.
To complete the setup steps, you will need:
1) CouriersPlease account number (9 digits)
2) Dispatch ID
3) Product codes associated with your CouriersPlease account.
4) API Key (optional, used for booking pickups and creating returns. If not using an API key then a pickup is booked on manifest)
If you are missing any of these, contact your CouriersPlease account manager or contact Starshipit support with your account number.
Setting up your CouriersPlease account in Starshipit
1. Enter your CouriersPlease information in Starshipit
- Go to Settings > Couriers > Add New Courier > CouriersPlease
- Tick Enable CouriersPlease
- Complete the account number and dispatch ID fields
- Click Save
2. Enter your product codes
CouriersPlease will provide different product codes based on your requirements and account eligibility. Product codes for shipments need to be populated similar to the following, and these products will then be available throughout Starshipit.
- Go to Settings > Couriers > CouriersPlease
- Click on Add Product Codes
- Enter the Code and Name
- Click Save
3. Enabling Returns
- Ensure you have added an API key to your settings
- Enter in the Return Product Codes in Settings > Couriers > Couriers Please >
Add return product codes
Q. Why are the rates displayed in Starshipit incorrect?
A. Rates are retrieved, based on the product codes. Check with CouriersPlease that the product codes you are using are correct.
Q: How can I add Fuel Surcharges to my Couriers Please rates?
A: To include the Fuel Levy in your Couriers Please rates, follow these steps:
- Obtain an API Key: If you don't already have an API key from Couriers Please, you'll need to contact them to get one.
- Enter the API Key: Once you have the API key, navigate to 'Settings > Couriers > Couriers Please Settings' in your account. Here, enter the API key.
The system will then automatically use this API key to calculate rates, including the standard fuel levy.
Please Note: Currently, Couriers Please does not support the inclusion of the Extra Ordinary Fuel Levy in the rate calculations. Only the standard fuel levy will be reflected in the rates for applicable services.
Other relevant information for you:
To know more about ecommerce shipping services by CouriersPlease, click here