The first step is you will need to create a Webservice user with Read and Write access, and then you will copy the user details into StarShipIT.
1. Create a Webservice user and Webservice role in Magento
The first step is to create an API access in Magento. You need to create a Webservice user and a Webservice role, once done, you keep this information for the second step.
- Navigate to your Magento Admin dashboard.
- Go to the system tab > Web Services > SOAP/XML-RPC - Roles
- Once you are in the Roles Page, click the 'Add New Role' button in the top right-hand corner of the page. In the 'Add New Role' page enter a role name in the space provided, and then on the left side click 'Role Resources'. Set the Resource Access to ALL. At the top right hand of the screen click the Save Role button.
- Now that you have a newly created role, we need to assign it to a user. Starting from the Admin Dashboard again, Go to the system tab > Web Services > SOAP/XML-RPC - Users
- Once you are in the Users Page, click the 'Add New User' button in the top right-hand corner of the page. In the Add New User page, fill in the user information. Make sure to write down the API key you create. Set the account to 'Active'. Now click the user role on the left hand side. Assign the user your previously created the role for.
2. Add the detail of the Magento WebService user in StarShipIT
After creating the user and the role in Magento you need to add the details in StarShipIT. Add the URL, the Username and the Password you just created. you can customise the Status of orders to import however the default status "processing" should be right
- In the StarShipIT Main menu Click on Settings > Integration > Add New and select Magento
- Enter your URL
- Enter your Username (Role created in Magento*)
- Enter your Password (API key created in Magento*)
- Click Test Connection and then Save. This will test the connection from your Magento site to our application. StarShipIT connects with Magento via an API.
Q. When I click on Test Connection I get: "Not Found"
A. Double check the email address entered
Q. When I click on Test Connection I get: "Server returned a fault exception:  Access denied."
A. Double check your Username and Password
Q. What fields are imported for Delivery Instruction:
Q. Can we have more than one Magento store integrated with StarShipIT?
A. Yes, but only if the stores are under that same Magento account (admin panel). If they are separate Magento accounts, then they will need to be setup as a child account.
Q. My Magento account won't sync with ShipIT. What do I do?
Q: I've set it up but it won't work. What do I do?
A: To check whether an account set up was successful, Copy the URL and put it in a browser search bar. If the return is an error, there is something wrong with the URL. If you are directed to a page with a small amount of script, then the URL is correct. If the URL is correct the error will be occurring at the authentication level. Check the Username and password and also get the client to advise of the role name too. Compare the details entered to those supplied by the client.
Q. How do I deactivate the Email notification in Magento?
Login to the Magento back end
- Go to the System > Configuration menu.
- On the left-hand menu under the Advanced tab (at the bottom) select the System menu item.
- Select ‘Mail Sending Settings’ from the selection on the right-hand side.
- Set Disable email communications to ‘Yes’, and now no emails will send through Magento.